Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Warrior - Part Deux

If you missed part one of this "Weekend Warrior" business, you can check it out here


So, yesterday mornings post left you hanging a bit. I left off with our home looking like this on Saturday morning...


Believe it or not, sleeping in our home with the front door boarded up like that, wasn't as cold as one might expect (there was insulation and plastic behind the plywood).

I wish that I could share more details on what was done Saturday, but I was out with my Mom for the day... buying a console table for our not yet constructed room. Yeah, that was my contribution. Anyway, by the end of the day, this is what we were looking at (I refused to go outside to take photos, it was too cold, so I had to settle for taking them from the living room window).


The floor was constructed, insulation went in to help keep our tootsies warm, and the wood subfloor was applied on top. By the end of Saturday, we were looking at a giant deck on the front of the house. Still a lot more left to do than B had originally anticipated, for when Saturday evening rolled around. From what I've been told there were some bumps in the road that kept them from moving too quickly... so Sunday was to be the day of redemption when there would be three working on it. (*Side note: we had to give up our 12th row tickets for the Buffalo Bills / Chicago Bears game in Toronto for Sunday... but at least the people who went enjoyed it!)

Sunday was a wall framing kind of day (while us womenfolk stayed inside where it was warm). He's a look at how it unfolded...



They started putting up that second wall (the photo on the left) and then realized they needed to chip off some of the stone veneer to accommodate for the new walls and the new pitch of the roof, so B got to work...



I think this was the most exciting part of the day for me. Seeing the walls go up. I stood out there for a while snapping photos of them putting up those walls... until my hands couldn't take it anymore and I headed back in to warm up my hands. I stayed there until the plywood exterior started to go up... and back outside I went to get more photos...





And thanks to our good friend daylight savings time... it was dark outside as they continued to work...


Those crazy men! They worked their butts off and late last night the front door was put on to make the whole thing a little more secure. As of yesterday morning, this is what I could see out of my living room window...


We're getting there! If only you could see what they accomplished yesterday (unfortunately daylight savings time is not so good for outdoor picture taking after work), so you'll have to come back again tomorrow for another look!

Are we getting excited yet? I am most definitely thrilled over here! And anxious... very, very anxious to have a finished room to decorate! I'll be back tomorrow morning with more exciting progress!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Wow! Progress is coming along so fast. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see this coming together! I've eagerly anticipating it since you told me about it at the S+C Show! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it. I love how you're off shopping while they're plugging away in the cold...that's my kind of reno ;) Keep up the hard work boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i am with you about shopping! i have lots of things for the basement, and we are no where near done. and all the things are accessories, lol! little bits of nonsense! so excited to see all the changes in your entrance. this is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry there will be plenty of time for Kerry to help drywall, mud, sand, paint and assist with other activities that are indoors where it will be warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! We're pretty far along now, but I didn't get a chance to take any new photos last night or before work this morning... so I don't know if I'll get a new post written this evening - but fingers crossed!

    Your comments make this whole thing that much more exciting for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cliff hanger. Amazing progress. It look like by moving where the door is you will be able to better use the space. I guessing some built in storage is coming up when the construction is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Maggie - the best part about moving the door was that stairs will no longer take up driveway space, which is very limited!

    Storage was also key... let's just say no more coat rack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe they just constructed a room!! It's mind boggling to me!!

    I can't wait to see what console table you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to see the finished product! you guys are rockstars!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig