Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dream Home - My Perfect Thanksgiving

This Thursday is American Thanksgiving. It is the first Thanksgiving that B will miss being back home with his parents. We're both pretty bummed about this, as we love spending this holiday with his parents... but looks like we'll have to wait until next year.

In the meantime, I'm dreaming of a great big home in Massachusetts that one day both of our families can gather to celebrate this great American holiday. For my search, I headed over to Sotheby's Realty, and stumbled across this gem. Listed at $23.75M US, this home in Nantucket looks like the perfect place for our two families to converge.


From the moment you enter - this home is just gorgeous!


The mouldings on the ceiling are to die for, and I think the perfect amount of Americana is injected into the home with the Regency Mirror and white and blue stars on the stairs. Subtle, which I like.

The living areas of the home provide enough space for everyone to gather, chat, munch, drink and relax prior to the big meal.


That first room looks like it could be straight out of Sarah's Cottage! The ceilings are incredible, and every piece of furniture looks like you would just sink right into it. The soft blues and buttery yellows carry throughout the home, bringing it together, and also giving it the slightly nautical feel that you would expect of a home in Nantucket.
 
How about where all of the magic would happen? The Kitchen!


My dream white kitchen come to life! Those small pops of black in the lighting and the range hood, ground the airy space. There is more than enough gorgeous granite counterspace for prepping all of the delicious food to be devoured... and look at that huge fridge, just bursting with all kinds of space for your leftovers. I'd make sure there was enough to fill our guests and the fridge afterwards!

The bright sunny dining room looks like the perfect place for everyone to gather to take in the delicious meal...


I'm sure that a larger table could fit into that space! Oh... and don't forget to grab a few bottles from the incredible wine cellar...


The basement provides the perfect place to kick back and watch some Football, and fall into a turkey coma (one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving!).


That whale over the fireplace is absolute perfection in this space. It adds just a little bit of whimsy and character to an otherwise understated room.

If you'd prefer to sleep off dinner in bed, any of the gorgeous bedrooms would work quite well...


Or possibly the guest house, for those who will be staying a little longer...


 Of course, the views are nothing short of spectacular either...


Overall, I think this is indeed my own personal dream home. Everything about it makes me lighthearted. To check out some of the drool-worthy photos I had to omit, you can see the entire listing right here.

Where do you dream of living? Leave me a comment or shoot me an email, and I'll search out your dream residence. I have a great destination for next week that Maggie requested... so be sure to come back and check it out!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. OK that home is seriously gorgeous! Just need to win the lottery:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, gorgeous. It has such a comfy and homey vibe to it. And how lucky are you to get to celebrate two thanksgivings? Will you make a dinner even though you can't head home to the states?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in love with this house! so pretty! love that kitchen~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously dreamy. Who wouldn't consider that the perfect home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh la la! Loving the white and bright kitchen. And that media room is great, too! So cozy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that's pretty much my dream home too. Heck, I would be happy living in the guest house!

    But, since you asked, I'd also like a second residence in Bali. Something a bit more modern and architectural. A place to escape from Canadian winters. Think you can find that?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig