Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Take A Seat

I know it's been silent for a while around here. We've just spending some time enjoying being together as a family, so I can't apologize for that. Even with lots of family time happening, we managed to finish  the bentwood chairs last week! Just to give you a little refresher, here's how they started out...


Free Chairs

I was clearly drawn in by the lines of the chairs and their potential. After painting them a beautiful Cornflower Blue, by Martha Stewart, the fabric hunt began. I originally hoped to use a fabric that I already had on hand, but it turned out that I didn't have enough of any one fabric to cover all four seats. I'll be honest though, I didn't complain too much about having to go fabric shopping. So, two weeks ago now, we piled into the car and headed to the closest Fabricland. I made a couple laps of the home decor section, double and triple checking every single fabric that caught my attention. Finally, after getting the okay from B, I landed on this fabric...

June 1, 2012

I loved the pattern and the colours, and I knew that it would be mess friendly. After sitting on it for a few days, last week B and I finally got around to recovering those old seats. (Have I mentioned that B is the best? Totally supporting every little project I undertake, and always willing to lend a hand. Yup - THE BEST). Anywho - here's how it all went...

June 6, 2012
{B set up the compressor and my staple gun and then tested it out quickly before we got going}

June 6, 2012
{Halle hung out nearby and supervised the whole thing. I think she was telling B what to do here. Seriously, little miss has quite the personality}

June 6, 2012
{Pretty self explanatory - don't you think?}

June 6, 2012
{Halle was more than willing to lend a hand when B reattached the seats for me}

I guess that leaves little else to share except for the final product. So let's take one more look at the original chairs...

Free Chairs

Followed quickly by a reveal of our final chairs...

Bentwood Chairs - Finished

Bentwood Chairs - Finished

I LOVE THEM! I love them in the awful, ugly sunroom, but love them even more in our slowly progressing breakfast nook...

Untitled

Bentwood Chairs - Finished

I love that little hint of blue in our kitchen, and I think they will look even better once I get those two end chairs painted up as well. Something I should consider getting started on this week. In the meantime, since not a whole lot has been progressing around here, I do hope to share some more of our adventures with you this coming week.

In the meantime, what's the consensus on our chair transformation? I'd love to hear what you all think....
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Hey Kerry! This is a great before and after. The fabric and paint colours look so nice together! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, the fabric is just perfect. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so great Kerry! I love the fabric you chose and it's fun to watch you progress along in your rental. Sometimes it's hard to rent because you can't really do much reno-type work but you guys seem to be getting a lot of diy jobs done anyway! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifull,well done ,it is nice to see the progress on your new house.
    I love it.
    Xoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! I love the fabric. Looks like it can hide a little spill or two. The pattern is very pretty and I like the colors too! Fun to see the pics of Halle doing the "heavy looking on"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow nice choice of paint color and fabric! They look very country chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I love the color! Those chairs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great. Fresh, fun, & fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They turned out so nice, you picked the perfect fabric for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Love the colour of the chairs and the fabric is the perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color you've chosen ...the blue is really pretty and bold. How long did the whole process take?

    ReplyDelete
  12. k--these are gorgeous! the color and fabric are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chairs!! The colour and fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them Kerry! That fabric just makes me love the color of the chairs even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes -- they look great!! The fabric looks almost peacock ish, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful transformation Kerry, love the pop of colour! And what are the chances that you used "Cornflower Blue" and the fabric you found has little corn-like flowers on it?! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look fantastic - love the paint colour & fabric - so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooo, I LOVE these! The colour is perfect with the fabric! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your chairs turned out so beautiful. Love the color and fabric you chose!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig