Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Comfort Factor

While yesterday I was talking about our weekend exploring and our kitchen chairs, today I'm pulling out something completely unrelated that we have recently added to our home. For a while now we've been looking for a nice area rug to add to the living area in our rental.


May 2, 2012

Well, I'd gone back and forth a few times after checking our rugs at a number of different places. Yesterday, we finally bit the bullet and picked up a new 8x10 from Home Depot.

June 5, 2012

I loved the hits of colour it provided in our room, and also the pattern that will hopefully help hide any dirt  from Halle or the pups. It's also nice and soft, and a great place for Halle to hang out and play with her toys.

June 5, 2012

We were especially happy that we were able to use a gift card we had received for my participating in Home Depot's Match the Look contest, as well as some store credit that we had. After all was said and done, we only had to shell out just under $70 to bring this home.

June 5, 2012

I'm really liking how this place is coming together for us. Since we are a young family, it's nice to add some more fun and colourful pieces to our home. I can't wait to add some more accessories to this room and pull out more of those colours from the area rug...

June 5, 2012

I'm happy that we waited to find the right rug, and didn't make an impulse purchase when we first moved here about two months ago. This one just works perfectly and makes me so happy. It not only helps to define our living room space, but it also helps to warm it up as well. Every day this place feels more and more like our home...
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful rug for a steal of a price! Who knew you could get something like that at HD....very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our living room rug is also from HD and has held up wonderfully to my dirty mechanic of a husband (love that guy) and two cats. I love the colors and pattern of yours, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rug you chose! It warms up the space nicely and adds a nice pop of colour. Your living room is looking great and I LOVE the shelving and cabinets you've placed around the tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that carpet looks amazing. I love how you pull a room together it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rug is beautiful - and what a steal! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that is PERFECT for your room. I love the bright colours. You have done such a nice job on this room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rug looks fabulous Kerry! It works so well in your space. Home Depot has so many options, especially online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a BEAUTY of a rug! I actually really like Home Depot for rugs. Shocking, I know, but right now most of our house is covered in very sturdy, washable rugs from there. In total they cost less than the one Pottery Barn rug I had to relegate to our basement when the offgassing tried to kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absultely love it! Such a good choice and so perfect for the space! The whole living room is really starting to come together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun, vibrant colours and so much choice to work with in terms of accessories! I find it so hard to commit to a rug so we still don't have one after nearly 3 years :S lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bright, happy, fun colours in the rug - and you're right, the pattern will keep it looking good despite kids and pups. We have a PB rug in our living room that has ben through two kids, two dogs and two cats (not to mention my husband's annoying habit of spilling red wine). But it still looks great because it's patterned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your rug! The colours are awesome, so cheerful and welcoming. And a pattern is always a great way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always notice this rug when I'm in Home Depot - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! I need to go to the rug section of Home Depot I think! :) And I love your 'home' pillow. Where did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This rug looks amazing! I have never looked at rugs at HD....looks like I should start? I love the blod print, big scale, and great colours. The books you have in your book shelf totally pull the same colours (well done, you).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this rug makes the room very comfy and cozy. Very nice choice! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous colours. It really adds an extra layer of warmth in the space. I am on the hunt for a great area rug too, more to cover the dirt from the old pup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig