Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cozy Up the Nook

As I mentioned yesterday, we got right back into working on the house as soon as we arrived home. The first space we really focused on was our little breakfast nook. The last time I shared a photo with you, it looked like this...


Dining Nook - April 26, 2012

What really inspired me to dive back into setting this space up was the discovery of some new chairs for the space. Despite arriving home in the wee hours of Sunday morning, we were out again that day (on our now common hunt for a dresser) when I spotted four chairs at a thrift store we were popping into. Before we left, B inquired about how much the owner wanted for the chairs. His response? "If you want them, just take them. Someone left them here and they need a little work. They're yours". Yup... FREE! Check these babies out...

Free Chairs

Free Chairs

I love the shape, and they are solid wood. Could it possibly be any better? I already have plans to clean and paint them up, as well as replace the fabric on the chairs. This whole project should help bring a little more colour into our little dining nook.

Sunday night, we also managed to get some stuff hung in that area. We got some curtains up on the garden window (4 WILMA panels from IKEA - can't beat the price). They are pretty sheer, so they still let in a lot of light, but they help obscure the view (at least a little) from our neighbours yard, into our kitchen. I also got my Betsy Benn print up - I think it's perfect for this little nook...

Breakfast Nook

Breakfast Nook

Let me tell you, these little additions may be small, but they really got me motivated to get back to decorating this house. I'm ready to start adding more touches of "us" to this rental, and make it feel more like home. I spent yesterday starting some more projects that I will share with you over the next few days, and I'm also planning out some additional changes to this room - like a faux roman shade to go over that giant window. 

With this fire under me, it's time for me to sign off for another day and get back to work! A lot to get done around here... and I just can't wait to share it all! 

What projects have you been motivated to work on these days? Any great finds or new additions you've added to your home?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. What a steal! I can understand you wanting to change the fabric but personally I love it! I have mentioned before how i'm into aztec prints. Can't wait to see what you do with the chairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO jealous of those chairs - what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chairs would have been a steal at 100. But free? Free is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chairs have total potential, especially since they were FREE!! I can totally see them painted a fun colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chairs are amazing find!! And you can't beat the deal of Free :) I really like the style of the chairs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interested in seeing what you do with those chairs. They have such good 'bones.' Super duper find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find! I can't believe you scored your new chairs for free. The lines are beautiful. I can't wait to see how you transform them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the dog plates... I mean I also have a dog and I decided to put their food plates outside but when I saw your post I decided to keep them in with us during our Lunch and Dinner. Thanks! I am also planning to remodel my house and I think putting on some frames as decorations will always be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously? Those bentwood chairs are amazing...I've never seen them "square" shaped like that! And free? Cannot wait to see what you do with them :) ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chairs and tables area beautifully handicrafted. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These chairs are product of skillful craftsmanship. Its free? Let check them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig