Monday, May 28, 2012

Treasure Hunting

Ummm - hello gorgeous weekend! Okay, I guess I should be saying "good-bye". So sad to see it go, but really it was fantastic! From the moment I got up on Friday morning and saw the sun shining, I knew that it was going to be great. The type of weekend that I just had to devote a post to, especially with all of the fabulous treasures I brought home.


Halle and I started off Friday with a trip to our local HomeSense. We popped in and were able to take our time strolling around (yes, she will usually handle this pretty well) and looking. Though we saw a few things I would love, right now I need to focus on things we need, so when I spotted two lovely glass table lamps, for $39 each, they had to come home with us...


IMG_7906

They are perfect for our bedroom, colour shape and everything! The textured white shade is exactly what I wanted, and the coloured glass is subtle enough that it doesn't compete with our colourful West Elm duvet cover. Now we just need to find some nightstands.


The rest of the day was spent playing, taking a nice stroll, and then enjoying dinner on a patio not too far from home. I LOVE that it's still daylight here at 9pm, so that on gorgeous days we can enjoy the views of the mountains. Seriously - LOVE IT.


Saturday morning we woke to another gorgeous day. B was off bright and early to his softball tournament and Halle and I left shortly after to make the drive out to Abbotsford. It was a beautiful drive, and so worth it to pay a visit to Scout Vintage & Handmade Market. Halle and I arrived just before 10am (opening time), and I am so glad we did... there was a huge line already waiting for them to open, and I know why. The finds were incredible! I had a very small budget for my first trip ($60!), but I came home with some pretty great things. 


I broke the ice with these 3 sweet cupcake stands, from raggygirl vintage, for $20! So cute, and I knew they would be perfect on our mantel and/or our entertainment centre to display things. Love them. 


IMG_7928

My next stop was a quick visit to Victoria of Edin Home & Co. She was one of the lovely ladies out here who welcomed me warmly and invited me to stop by and say hello to her. 


IMG_20120526_232722

We did a bit more wandering, which included taking in the lovely sights of twig home's booth - I seriously wanted to bring that gorgeous map home with me (along with numerous other items of course)! 


Twig Home

Our next purchase was from Crystal Clear Boutique...


IMG_20120526_232941

What did we get? The most adorable turquoise bow headband for Halle. She actually picked that one herself when I gave her the choice of pink or turquoise... smart girl. Look how sweet it is...


IMG_7932



My next stop was a HUGE success. Right across from Crystal Clear Boutique was the lovely set up of Red Wicker...


Red Wicker

Monica was the sweetest, and I was happy to take this lovely mirror off her hands, as well as the sweet #1, that I plan to use for a shadow box of Halle's first year. I was smiling ear to ear when I left her booth, and definitely could've walked away with way more, but my $60 budget helped to keep me in check! 


IMG_7913

IMG_7910

Our final stop on the way out (Halle had, had enough of the crowd) was at delish magazine and general store. I picked up some striped and polka dot straws for Halle's 1st birthday party! So cute...

IMG_20120526_233237

IMG_7904

Aside from these fabulous booths, there were so many incredible treasures that I wish I had, had more time to dig through! Lily & Rachel, of Birch + Bird, did such a fabulous job pulling this event together - I couldn't say enough good things about the whole experience! Everything was worth stopping to look at, and I had to tear myself away from all of the booths with tasty baked goods (as I knew I had a yummy Raspberry Truffle Tart waiting at home for dessert that night). This whole experience made me feel so happy about coming out West! Though I was sad to leave behind so many great and inspiring women from the blogging community back in Toronto, I have been welcomed so warmly by the talented ladies out here (big thanks to Barbara for helping make the transition easier on me! She's the best!). 


So there you have it. Despite some continued fussiness from our (we assume) teething babe - I loved, loved, loved this weekend! I have also just about finished our bentwood chairs, and plan on sharing them with you tomorrow - so make sure to come back and check out the final product! 


What fun things did you all get up to this past weekend?



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. It must be so fun discovering new places like these - great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous weekend Kerry!!! So glad you're getting settled out west; your photos on Instagram of the scenery are beautiful!! Missed you at BlogPodium, but it looks like you had tons of fun shopping away :) Hope your week is off to a lovely start!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for visiting my booth (Twig Home)... Sorry I wasn't able to meet you - it was so busy! Love all your finds! -Kevi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun post Kerry! Thanks for featuring my cupcake stands, I'm glad you love them! I wish I had known it was you!! I think you really stretched your $60 budget well. Hope to meet you properly at the next blogger get together, whenever that might be!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting us on Saturday Kerry! It was great to see you again and so glad that you came home with some fun new treasures! Hope to see you soon :)
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was soo nice catching up with you on Friday and your booth looked amazing. I do want to hit you up for one of those metal flower vases. Your pics are lovely and it's really neat to see what the market looked through your camera. How did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your market finds Kerry :-) I enjoyed meeting you and Halle...thanks so much for dropping by!! Hope to see you at one of our Network gatherings!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cupcake stands! And that mirror!! I would love to find a pair of mirrors like that for my boys bathroom. :) Glad to hear you scored some fun items at Scout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for including Delish Magazine and Delish General Store in your post and letting everyone know about our goodies! I was in Europe when Scout was on and was sad to be missing it but I knew our booth babes Cynthia and Tanya were representing Delish in a great way! I was wondering if I could use your photos in our store's Hall of Fame photo album? I will add a link to your blog!
    Please email me at tamara @ delishgeneralstore.com (minus the spaces!) to let me know! Thank you so much...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig