Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dream Home - Belgian Beauty

Tuesday afternoon, and I'm already ready for a little escape from the weekly grind (the shortest work weeks can sometimes feel like the longest, can't they?). So today, we're escaping to Belgium, a country I fell in love with 6 years ago on a very short visit. The place was gorgeous, the food was delicious and the people were so friendly - yes, I am dying to return. Maybe we can do so by moving to this beautiful castle that I found on Sotheby's.


Okay, so the posting didn't showcase a ton of the interior, but both B and I were sold as soon as we saw the exterior. Who care's what the inside looks like if the outside looks like this...






Oh, right... and it comes with a gorgeous courtyard...



Love the red on the doors, and that whole area just looks like it's something straight out of a fairy tale... including the surrounding grounds.


The few glimpses that we do get of the inside are just as incredible. Take a look for yourself...





The juxtaposition of the traditional and modern in the rooms above seriously makes the photos. The details in the woodworking, the ceilings and those floors (especially in that last photo) make my heart race. Could this incredible castle be any more perfect?



The gym could use a few more peices, but I love how big and bright the space is. How great is that exposed brick?



Piano room anyone? I guess in a castle that boasts 15 bedrooms you have more than enough space to play with. What got us though was why a 36,382 square foot castle would only have 3 bathrooms? Anyone? Then again, if you're spending $10.4M Canadian for this beauty, I'm sure you should have enough change laying around to get some new bathrooms in, no?

Are you drooling yet? Dreaming of an escape to Belgium? I know I am. I'd love to hear where you dream of moving or escaping to. A particular style of home you'd love to see? Let me know and I'll search it down for you!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. was NOT expecting those modern furnishings inside! where in belgium? like you, i would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not expecting the interior either. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amazing. I totally love this. The piano room is awesome...take me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig