Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You May Call Us Crazy...

... but on Sunday afternoon while Halle took a little nap, B and I wanted to accomplish some stuff at home, so back down to the laundry room we went (yes instead of resting and relaxing). There were quite a few projects we wanted to finally finish, and first on that list was to put up the large LACK shelf we had picked up from IKEA the Tuesday before Halle was born.


B started out by measuring how far we wanted the shelf off the countertop, and then used his level to get a straight line of where we would mount it.


August 7, 2011
Check out that concentration!

We then used that straight line to line up the back of the shelf and B marked where we would have to put the anchors and screws...

August 7, 2011

As you would expect he then drilled the holes we would need to mount the back of the shelf, and put in some drywall anchors to make sure my shelf was secure...

August 7, 2011

From there it was a matter of screwing in the back plate for the shelf and sliding it into place. It looked great when it was up - level and all!

August 7, 2011

We weren't quite done yet though... we had some fun to add to my space. A couple of Christmas' ago, B had bought me a wall decal of the London skyline. Not everyone is a fan of wall decals, but I'm really happy with how this one looks...

August 7, 2011

I'm using the "Count Your Lucky Stars" print from Brittany's shop to hide the water valves on the back wall. I haven't decided if it's too much though. Thoughts?

August 7, 2011

We were working on a couple of other projects down there at the same time, but I'll have to share those another day. Both will help to hide some really unattractive aspects of the room, and I know they'll make a huge difference! We're doing our best to finish off this space ASAP, as we do have a new, big renovation coming this fall... so stayed tuned for more info on that soon!

What projects have you been working on around the home recently?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Perfect spot for that print!!! lol
    I love those Lack shelves, I have a few in my house... very handy...
    Oooohhhh a BIG renovation huh!? Can't wait to hear more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decal looks so great!!! I love the London skyline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the decal. I don't think you need the print to cover up the function part of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the decal! I don't think you need the print either. Once you have other things on the shelf, you probably won't notice the valves as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think what you did to hide the valves was perfect! You could of fooled me with the picture there. And that decal is awesome! I am usually not a fan of them either, but this is the perfect spot for one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great..I love the decal..But I am also a fan of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The decal backsplash is great! and the room is really pulling together! great work!

    (good napper)

    ReplyDelete
  8. crazy. can't say I wouldn't do the same though! I love the decal! I also agree that you don't need the print to hide the knobs...but if you really want to hide them, the print might pop more if it was in a black frame?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, I love it. Maybe you could build a flap-like from a piece of wood, enough to hide the water pipes? Oh, how about a basket (white in front of it with freshly rolled towels for when you have company?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys must function really well on no sleep! I love it and hope I have that much energy when our babe comes ;)

    It looks great, I really like the decal - adds some fun to the space! I think you could do with or without the print (there's no hiding it's a laundry room, haha). If you keep it maybe add a few little jars or something to stash stuff for a "grouping" of items. Nice work, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fooled me too! The decal looks really good there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig