Monday, August 8, 2011

A Little Family Time

Happy Monday! Though, I haven't been sharing any projects as of late (some to come this week, I promise!), I just had to share a little bit of family life with you this Monday! 


As I mentioned on Friday, this past weekend was our family reunion. The reunion is for my Mom's side (which is HUGE), and takes place every summer in my parents backyard. Some years are bigger than others, and this year I was just excited to bring our little Halle along to meet our family. Sadly, the turn out was rather small this year (smaller than usual), but we all still had a great time.


August 6, 2011

Our little two week old munchkin spent a lot of time resting (this was before the reunion, while Daddy was in seeing the dentist). 

When we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house, it was time to do a bit of a fashion show and throw on the skirt I bought for her to wear specifically for this event (she didn't like the hat though, but it was necessary)...

August 6, 2011

She also put on her very first bathing suit and her adorable little water shoes... more as a fashion statement than anything. She never went in the pool with B, but she still looked adorable...

August 6, 2011
(Yes, she needs to grow into both her bathing suit and the shoes haha)

Most importantly, I really wanted to get a photo of four generations of women hanging together after the reunion...

August 6, 2011

That's my Great Aunt (my Mom's Aunt), Me and Halle (of course) and my Mom. And yup, I was pretty tired and sweaty. It was a long, but very enjoyable day seeing so many of my Aunts and Uncles and cousins. Everyone was so happy to meet our little Peanut, and we were pretty proud parents too!

What fun things did you get up to this weekend?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. What a nice tradition. We do a family summer event and a Christmas (1st weekend in December). It just guarantees that we all stay in touch. Halle is adorable. I think she looks a lot like her daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that multi generational photo-how very special! those water shoes, ack! they are the cutest!

    this weekend i spent time with my dad, and then my 16 year old cousin slept over my house. she was actually our first official overnight guest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shoes are hilarious!!!! we had the family meet and greet for Lily yesterday - she didn't go swimming either. so lovely to be with family and new babies xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the yellow!!! Of course MY favorite color, my mom dressed me in yellow all the time! Mimi never had me wear pink because of my "red" hair!!! I also LOVE the 4 generation photo. Hope we can get a similar one when you visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! she is so cute~ and her lil swimmer? i die. looks like a fun time with the fam~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig