Monday, August 1, 2011

Watching Her Grow

Happy Monday friends! I hope you all enjoyed the weekend and that my fellow Canadians are soaking up this gorgeous long weekend! I also want to thank you all again for your kind words and well wishes on our darling little girl. We're still adjusting but everyday we're learning more!


I know there's been a lot of baby stuff floating around on here for the past week, and I have a little more today before we get back to more design related items. Now that our little girl has finally joined us, we know that she will grow and change so quickly. With that in mind, we've decided to do a couple of things to follow and track her growth.


One of those projects, is exactly what Nicole from Making it Lovely has done. I plan to take monthly photos of our little Peanut to visually follow her growth and development from a tiny newborn, into a toddler. I hope to take one every month for her first two years, and my plan is to use Babar as our photo spot (I've had quite a few questions in the past about where we bought him - the company is Reiner's Original, and yes they ship!). It's in her nursery, which gets a ton of natural light, and I'm excited to watch as she starts to grow and interact with Barbar in each of her photos!


Nursery - July 10, 2011


The second project was inspired by this photo I found on pinterest...


via pinterest

A little over a month ago, I found a great canvas at JYSK for $5.00 and B painted it a light grey. We plan on hanging it over the fireplace in the basement, and putting her little foot prints on it every month until we fill the canvas. Her first foot prints are already on it, done at only 3 days old (and no... she did not enjoy the experience at all).

I love that both can be incorporated into our home as sentimental and meaningful artwork. Speaking of sentimental artwork, we also got the munchkin's newborn photos taken this past weekend by the talented Nicole of Bittersweet Photography. Baby girl rocked it, and you can check out our little sneak peak if you click over to Nicole's page above. Again, I highly recommend her if you're looking for a baby, child or family photographer!

What things have you done to track and follow your child's growth and development?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. That's such an adorable idea with the baby feet! I'm going to remember that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the footprint idea!
    And it's a good idea to take her picture against Babar because he's a static object and it'll you some perspective on how much she's grown :-)
    p.s. If I just had a baby, I'm pretty sure my blog would turn into a baby photo album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby feet idea is so cute, I'll havr to show my husband! We are planning on taking monly photos of Avery in his nursery on his montly b-day to watch him grow up in his room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those baby photos are incredible. What a cute little munchkin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked out the photos and she is just STUNNING! That first one makes me want another baby and I am so done. Sigh...

    From experience, I know that taking baby footprints and handprints once is ambitious in and of itself. This will be amazing when complete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, i love the footprint idea. so cute! she'll get used to it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love the little feet prints on canvas. So sweet, yet kind of sad. They grow up so fast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made sure to catalogue all the pictures by month, so if I want to go back and see ALL the pictures we took at month 3, its all there for us. NO need to guess when each individual picture was taken. And a shadow box for b-days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kerry those photos are amazing!! She is so adorable! I hope you had a great long weekend and I can't wait to see the footprint project as it progresses... I think that it's a great idea!

    PS. Thanks so much for voting for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great ideas to preserve the memories of your little one. I sure wish we had something like those footprints from when my kids were small. Now my son's feet are bigger than mine!!!

    The pictures are really amazing. She looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I just clicked over to check out the newborn photos! She IS SO SWEET!! I just want to squish her cheeks :) I love her hair, does she have a bit of strawberry blonde in it?

    Great idea with the footprints, love that. Aww, so happy for you :) Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore!! and she is adorable! great picts~
    that canvas is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig