Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bathroom Progress

As I shared on Monday, B and my Dad have been trudging along, making huge strides in completing the bathroom reno. The floor tile was done as of Saturday night, and on Sunday they got right back to it. The last piece of cement board went up, near the shower head and then they used some thinset to mud the joints of the cement board...


January 22, 2012


While that dried, they worked on finishing up some plumbing. Us women decided to escape during that to go on a shopping trip. I was determined to find something to wear to Saturday's meet-up, but came home empty handed. I swear it's like I've completely forgot how to shop for myself people! SOMEONE help! My worries of nothing to wear were later forgotten however when the Patriots won a way-too-close-game against the Ravens to move onto the Superbowl, as well as seeing this happen...


January 22, 2012

Oh, beautiful white subway tile! You can do no wrong! B asked my father to get the subway tile started for us, as he is quite the perfectionist, so we knew we would get a straight line from him. While my Dad was busy tiling, B was installing the last piece of drywall.

January 22, 2012

January 23, 2012
{The lower hole is for the light switch for our sconces and an outlet, and the upper hole is for the thermostat for the in floor heating}

It was shortly after this that they called it a night, and it was so easy to do so, knowing that the whole room is FINALLY coming back together! Of course, seeing this progress has also given B more motivation to keep moving. Monday night, he came home from work and got back at it. He added more tiles to our back wall, and when he was done for the night (as in, he had no desire to go out into the cold and rain to cut the tiles he needed) he got the grout on the floor...

January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012

Seriously! Grout on the floor!? I'm glad we went with this nice silvery grout. Our favourite part about it was that it cost us nothing! My Dad had it left over from when he retiled the kitchen and front entrance in their home, so we snagged that at no cost!

While we had hoped to make more progress yesterday, I must admit that the bathroom looks exactly like it did on Monday night, and I'm not ready to share photos as there is still a bit of a haze on the tile that we need to scrub off. It could have been done yesterday, but instead B spent some time with Halle, while I took some time to accomplish things for myself. More to come on both the bathroom, and what I've been up to, on the side, next week...

In other news, I've had a sweet reader let me know she's having problems leaving comments on my site alone! Is anyone else have issues? If so, please shoot me an email and let me know!!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Oooo! The tiles are going up - very exciting! I'm also a big fan of slow contrasting grout and tile. I think it makes the space look bigger and more cohesive because your eye flows right over the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I've been having problems for a while! surprisingly today I'm able to post. But I don't think this problem is unique to your blog alone. There's something going on with blogger...

    bathroom looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking fabulous!!! B is workin' his butt off! And those tiles? Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to free grout and white subway tile! You can't go wrong with that.

    OK well I just commented on 8 different blogspot blogs at lunch today with my OpenID and Wordpress name and only one other one had issues (Picardy Project). Ones with and without word verification worked (Pure Style Home, Design Dump, Everything LEB, etc.) so I'm not sure that is the issue. Let me try this again today...OpenID no go...WordPress not working either...Name/URL (only thing that has worked in the past)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! It's going to look sooo crisp and fresh! Good luck with the rest of the redo, and whatever it is you're up to on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! It's really coming along! I loveee the tiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all coming together so quickly and looking fab! Can't wait to see some progress pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing progress! Those guys sure don't mess around. I love the subway tile. And, uh nice teaser pic, showing the grout before it's been cleaned off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!! It looks so great, they are doing a fabulous job. I had some problems commenting before - some issues with the code pop up not working for me. I chalked it up to a blogger issue, but who knows. I changed to disqus for a bit but didn't like how I couldn't reply directly to commenters in email.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps - just realized you took the code off your commenting - good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh looking good!! The tile looks fab, and it'll look even fab-er when it's done! haha

    I think I've picked my outfit for the meetup on Saturday, but let's be honest, my mind might change a bajillion times between now and then haha And it might be an excuse to do some shopping :)

    Hope your having a lovely week Kerry!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The source tips presents for every home makers. Really we are access that above task information look for good. I known many useful information gather from here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig