Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Clean Slate

Or brick fireplace... personally, I was more looking for the latter. The other day while playing with Halle, I decided I'd finally had enough of looking at our soot stained, dirty brick fireplace.


February 1, 2012
{I know... can you believe we've been living like this?}


I mean, it's been months since we ripped that awful white brick off, so it was time I finally got busy and did something about that eye sore. First things first, it just needed to be cleaned - straight forward right? Well, I'd heard of different cleaning solutions from different people, but after reading this tutorial on Young House Love, I opted for the damp cloth route to start. After going over the whole thing once with a damp cloth (minus the bottom left corner), it was already looking a lot better...


February 1, 2012

Cleaning the brick was honestly one of those things that was so easy, I'm actually embarrassed by how long it took me to get around to doing it. Can you say lazy much? Okay... maybe just preoccupied, but either way this little project should definitely have made it's way to the top of my list! Geeez.

After seeing it cleaned up (at least a little), there is no doubt in my mind that we will paint it... and hopefully sooner than I had originally thought.

Do you have any simple projects you've been putting off, and need to finally cross off of your list? Put it out there, maybe you'll find that motivation that you need to get it done!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'm constantly amazed by the things I'm able to live with! I think little cleaning jobs are the worst. Now that our basement reno is finishing up, I finally started sorted through some of the "stuff" that we moved out of there in the first place. So much of it is just garbage (so don't want to put it back in the basement), but it has taken me forever to sum up the energy to start going through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have yet to put up trim in our bedroom after putting in the hardwood floors :) it would be a 2 hour project, but we've been sitting on it for more than a month now...

    I'm not even going to mention the Marimekko wall in Baby C's room... progress made, but not finished. I wonder now when I will ACTUALLY finish it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... I just posted a 'get myself going' post today! Kitchen update is STARTING!!! Finally! Can't wait to see your brick painted out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many little projects, that I ignore daily lol - Maybe this weekend I'll get around to a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, who knew a damp cloth would make such a difference? We've been living with four partially painted walls (all in different colours!) in our kitchen - for months. Gotta' get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to paint my kitchen cabinets, but i feel that would just open a can of worms you know? You did a great job on your fireplace, but would love to know what your plan is now..

    Great to see you..
    vie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you know, basic dusting and window cleaning goes for months undone around here. It's hard to get to some things with wee ones around! Looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig