Monday, February 6, 2012

The Big Heartbreak - Round 2

Yesterday was the big game! An especially big game for our household. Four years ago, B and I watched the SuperBowl together for the first time - Brady vs. Manning. Yesterday, Halle saw her very first SuperBowl with us - the rematch of Brady vs. Manning.


05_gd_ban_pre4.gif
{via}


Sadly... the outcome was the same for both games, leaving us heartbroken. We have thrown a SuperBowl party every year since we have lived in our home, and this year we were not going to let a bathroom reno stand in our way! Saturday, B and my Dad motored through a ton of work in the bathroom (watch for updates tomorrow), and Sunday we were up bright and early with Halle cleaning and prepping food for the big game. With everything ready, all three of us got decked out in our Patriots gear before our guests arrived...


February 5, 2012

Of course, those smiles were relatively short lived (except Halle... she had a great time playing with all of our guests). I planned on sharing some fun details of the game, but Halle was all stranger danger, and only wanted me to hold her (No B or her grandparents either), so there are no other photos.

Did you watch? Who were you cheering for? Did anyone else's heart sink when Welker missed that catch? Or in those final seconds when the Patriots ALMOST scored a winning touch down on Brady's last pass? I mean, as a fan of Toronto teams I am used to losing... but to experience this twice with such a great football team is just devastating! I'll be back tomorrow with bathroom updates... the bathroom progress has really made up for this heartbreak...
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. so you guys are so cute--love you all decked out! i must say that i only watched here and there--to busy eating the good treats:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahh! Look at you guys!! You are such a freakin' adorable family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable pic! Love Halle's headband, so sweet. My Nana's from Boston so I was hoping NE would win, booo. Can't wait to see how the bathroom is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha sooo cute!! The pic makes up for the loss...if brady saw this before the game I think the result could have been different... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how the Superbowl gets a mention over here in Australia - was on at midday on the TV, how weird is that? Having said that, I had it on as background so I knew a bit of what my friends overseas were talking about. Alas, I find many aspects of the game quite difficult to understand, but enjoyed the spectacle of it all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig