Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Living Room - Making Progress!

It's been a while since I've given you a look at what's been happening with our living room refresh. Actually, I'm pretty sure that my last post was on how we ripped the brick off our fireplace to uncover the original. Well, not much has changed with the fireplace, but we have been doing our best to spruce up the room in preparation for Christmas guests.


One of my favourite changes has been the addition of these beautiful throw pillow covers from Nudge Home. I won them in a giveaway hosted by Vanessa over at decor happy and they are just fabulous! The colours in the Dwell Studio fabrics are perfect in our room, and the quality of the cover's is fantastic!


December 15, 2011

December 15, 2011

Oh... and B's Mom also gave us that snuggly white throw while we were visiting for Thanksgiving! We love it!


This past week we came across a great area rug while at IKEA (It's the MORUM in dark gray). We lucked out when we found it in the As-Is section for $60, after admiring it in the marketplace (the same kind of luck we had with our Manstad Sofa Bed). It's nice and dark, so it will hide any dirt or stains well (perfect in a house with two dogs and a baby), and it's the perfect texture to stand up to high traffic, while still being soft and warm under foot. 


December 15, 2011


Earlier this week, while Halle and I were getting the basement ready for B's parents, I was going threw all of our artwork that we have yet to hang, and was thrilled when I found some original pieces done by B's sister. I knew that this one would be the perfect addition to the room...


December 15, 2011


I also brought up my blue chevron blanket that I purchased at Indigo a while back. I think it's my favourite throw that we have...


December 15, 2011


A full room shot will also reveal that we've switched up the furniture arrangement, which I am extremely happy with. More than likely the couch and arm chair (which we are still looking for a new slipcover for), will stay where they are. Once I recover my garage sale chair, it will go where the Christmas tree currently is...


December 15, 2011


Clearly the fireplace and bookshelves still need some love, and I'm still on the hunt for a new lamp - but things will do for now. I'm happy with how the room is coming together, especially since we've only spent $100 to get it  looking like this, from this...


Living Room - August 2011


Have you been working on any tweaks in your home to prep for the rush of holiday guests? Or are you just focusing on getting your Christmas decor up?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. It looks so good Kerry! I love the colour scheme and you're right, the new layout works well. You guys did a really good job tweaking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's looking awesome, Kerry! Nice score on that area rug, it looks perfect. Amazing how it can finish off a space! I'm loving the pillows and the new layout too. Now you can sit on the couch and see the people in the kitchen, right? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillows. I bought some of the same fabric, but just haven't had the time to make the pillows yet. Your living room looks beautiful. Just in time for you to entertain for the holidays. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin good! I love all the little touches like the throws and pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new pillows and throws - you can never have too many throws :) The living room is looking great, nice and cozy for your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it! i especially love the colors and the throw pillows :) my husband loves to rearrange furniture and it drives me INSANE, but now i am inspired to switch up our living room :)

    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new set up! It looks amazing. Ugh...we totally need to get on our living room.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really great, the fireplace change alone is fabulous! The textures in your room are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new layout too, it's amazing what a few textural changes can make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looks so great!!! Love the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH I LOOOVE the chevron blanket!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig