Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Demo Days Are Behind Us!

Today I'm getting off the topic of Christmas, to bring you more bathroom renovation updates. As you can imagine, things are moving quite slow with B working full time during the day and having a four month old at home, but he's doing his best to get things done. Thankfully on Sunday while Halle and I were out at the cookie exchange, B and my Dad had the whole day to get things done... which included the last of our demolition. When I got home on Sunday the bathroom looked like this...


December 6, 2011
{Looking up at the bathroom from the stairs}

December 6, 2011

December 6, 2011


I was thrilled to see our new pocket door frame in place! It was no easy task for them to get it in, since it involved trying to make everything square again. 


The one big surprise was that we will have to change our original floor plans. We originally planned on having the tub on the wall with our new window, but B and my Dad explained that, with the state that the floor is in (even with them repairing those floor joists), it wasn't safe. So now the tub will go along the back wall, our vanity on the right (where it originally was) and toilet on the right (again, it's original location... just shifted slightly.


So this is how the bathroom currently looks. Tonight is just a quick dinner, and then Halle and I are going to head out to try and accomplish some Christmas shopping, and give B and evening to get more done on the bathroom. We'd really like to have it done by the time Christmas arrives, and with only 17 days until Christmas Eve... it doesn't look too promising at this point. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. ...it must be exciting to get to the point where you can now start to put it all back together again (the new and improved version of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Love the pocket door. I actually like the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. take your time! I find I stress so much when the timeline in my head does not work in real life. Like right now with our hardwood :( enjoy the holiday season, the bathroom will come along in due time.

    looking really great. love the pocket doors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pocket doors! I don't know why every door isn't a pocket door, they save so much room! Yay for demo being done and onto the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm sure it will be amazing...esp.with pocket doors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! A new bathroom is in the works - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig