Monday, December 19, 2011

Twas The Week Before Christmas

... and we're just about done. I just need to pick up two things and finish my wrapping! B's parents will be here on Wednesday and we're all just so excited for this Christmas. It was one of those weekends that truly got me into the spirit!


Saturday night we had a few people over for dinner, including my cousin, her husband and their son who is almost three. My cousin Kay and I are six months apart and we have grown up together. She was the sister I never had and we've seen each other through the good and the bad life has thrown at us. So moments like this just make my heart swell...


December 17, 2011


Seeing our two little ones, who are 2.5 years apart, looking at each other like that, is so incredible. Wasn't it just yesterday that we ourselves were just kids, having a sleepover every December 23rd wrapping gifts and watching Garfield's Christmas special? Time sure flies!


The whole night was fabulous, and we exchanged gifts with our friends and our godson. Halle got her very first Maple Leafs jersey! I was so happy!! She still needs to grow into it, but boy is it ever cute on her...


December 17, 2011


Of course, after all kinds of excitement that day, someone was tuckered right out...


December 17, 2011


Sunday, while Halle and I escaped to hang out with my Mom and Great Aunt, B and my Dad were back to work on the bathroom reno...


December 18, 2011


Our floor joists are repaired and safe, and the rest of the floor is now level. They also got to cut the new subfloor, though it's not ready to be secured down yet. Soon though! The worst is behind us (famous last words), and this thing should slowly but surely start to resemble a bathroom again, very soon! I'm beyond excited at the moment, let me tell you!


December 18, 2011

I hope to be sharing some more updates once the Christmas rush is done and over! Come on bathroom! I'm dying to enjoy a nice hot bath with a glass of wine! 

What did you get up to this past weekend?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hope it's smooth sailing with your bathroom from now on. Aren't sleeping babies the SWEETEST! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh exciting! Halle is just such a cutie - love the pic of her sleeping. Merry early Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over to your blog from reading your funny comment on the ten blogs post. These photos are so cute, especially the one of your cousin's kid and yours! Love that ladybug top btw.
    You have me intrigued by your bath, I'm going to have to pop back over to see your reno. What is your colour scheme going to be?

    :)
    mikky
    www.todaloos.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything moves along smoothly with the bathroom reno from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope it all goes well girly! can't wait to see:) love the picts too~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet <3 Love sure is present in your home :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig