Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Freshen Up!

You all already think we're a bit crazy over here, with how we tackle projects all over the place and create huge to-do list's for ourselves. So, I figure I'll just be straight up with you and tell you I'm ready to add something else to our list... I'm planning on doing a little "refresh" project in our living room. Just something to make me happy until the day that we finally get to renovate...


Living Room - August 2011

Living Room - August 2011

This is the (disaster) of a room that you see when you step in from our lovely, renovated front entrance. It's also where I spend a lot of my days now. Playing and talking to Halle, blogging and reading blogs, and relaxing with B and Halle when B first gets home from work.  So yes, I am tired of it looking like a mish mash of stuff and want to make it feel more pretty, airy, and maybe even a little more organized. My plan is...

1. Paint the walls
2. Reorganize / style our bookshelves
3. Style the mantle
4. Make a new fireplace screen
5. Find new window treatments that are not too small
6. Paint and change the images in our hooks over the armchair
7. Make some new throw pillows for the couch (from fabric I already have)
8. If possible find new slipcovers for the couch and chair and a new floor lamp for a good price

That's "the plan"... we'll see how well it comes along, and what I am able to accomplish. I hope to get this all moving along rather soon, and back with an update before the end of the month! Wish me luck!

Do you have any rooms in your home that are just screaming to be freshened up?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. The first step is a plan and you have a great one...the room has great bones and I love that pretty coffee table. Can't wait to see it all come together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family room is a dump for toys, has no furniture and is directly next to the kitchen, so I have to look at it ALL the time! It's not a priority right now, so I try not up look too closely at it when I pass by. But I am making new curtains and getting rid of the vertical blinds asap. Fabric ordered and curtain rod bought.

    I look at it as my little ugly duckling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this will be a fun project - and a one month deadline! That's bold!

    Have you thought of going with a shorter bookcase? This one is a bit dominant in the room, no? Or a couple of floating shelves on each side of the fireplace - the top shelf at the height of the kitchen window thing? (Your dad could hook you up, since the niches aren't the same width.) - sorrry I can't help myself and I love when readers tell me what they see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas for your living room! Right now we I'm in the process of adding new life to our living room, its where we spend the most of our time too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - our master bedroom! I have grand plans for fixing it up, but first I have to sand two horrible textured walls :(

    The room has great potential, but just thinking about all the steps I need to take to get it there makes me tired haha. Good luck with your living room plans - I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This room isn't a disaster - don't be too hard on yourself, K! With a nip and a tuck (and a lick of paint!) this place will be looking fabulous in no time. Plus, what a run project to work on. Thanks for sharing it with us and keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adventurous! It doesn't look bad though so don't be too hard on yourself (I SO get the huge "want-to-do" list in your head though). Hope you are enjoying your sweet baby girl. Being a mommy is the best :). I can't believe how much you are accomplishing with your new little one around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the painting you have on the wall! The perfect splash of colour.

    And yes, we have a room that desperately needs a little more than freshening up. Just posted about it today!

    Have fun changing things up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, it's always fun to freshen up with what you already have! What colour are you thinking for the walls?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig