Friday, September 30, 2011

Fancy Friday Love... & my Blogiversary!

Happy Friday and last day of September (where has time gone!?) I cannot believe that this little ol' blog here is 2 today! It's come a long way from the very first post I did two years ago - a lot more readers, a ton of progress on our tiny home and of course the addition of our little girl. Even better - I've met so many people and friends both online and in real life thanks to this here blog. I enjoy writing every single post and hearing from all of my readers and fellow bloggers! What a great community we have - so thank you to everyone who comes back every day to read what it is that I write... without you, I would not enjoy doing this as much as I do! I'm looking forward to seeing what this next year of blogging brings for me! 


Last Friday when I got back online and was catching up on things, I was excited to see my little DIY mobile for Halle's nursery was included in this little round-up over on babble. For real?


Nursery - July 10, 2011

I'm pretty sure that at some point, I will want to make a pretty ruffled teepee like this one, featured on ohdeedoh, for our Halle munchkin. Isn't it sweet?

via ohdeedoh

This post, on automatism, was so fun to stumble across on Tuesday! These collages of old and new movie stars are brilliant and fun. They had me thinking of the similarities of the mish-mashed stars too - don't you find them to be paired well on a few different levels?

 George Chamoun 4

Did you all see the beautiful orange and pink room, designed by Caitlin Creer!? So sweet! I'm totally into pink girls rooms now (after I did Halle's nursery, right?), and this room is one big reason why! How great is it?


via Caitlin Creer

This baby shower over on One Charming Party is absolutely divine! So timeless and classic, and all of the details are incredible! Check out both posts here and here.

via one charming party

My love affair with maps as decor continues with this coffee table (a DIY project) over on The Painted Hive. *Swoon*

via The Painted Hive

I'm blown away by these laser cut papel picado invitations featured on Oh So Beautiful Paper on Wednesday.

via oh so  beautiful paper

Check out this gorgeous kitchen renovation that Meg's husband worked on... and won an award for! The transformation is incredible!

via nutmeg and co


We have a dinner party planned for tomorrow night and I'm so looking forward to it! The guest list originally consisted of 6 other adults, but we're down to 4 now. In an exciting twist, our friends welcomed their baby girl early on Wednesday morning - almost an entire month early! From what we've been told, baby is doing great and weighed 5.1lbs. We're so happy and excited for them and can't wait to meet their tiny bambina! Other than our guests, I hope to make some more progress on our living room refresh. I know I was hoping to share an update this past week, but we've only just managed to start. Baby steps.

Next week watch for a few great guest posts! I have some newer bloggers dropping by to introduce themselves and their blogs to you! I love what they're all writing about and you will too! Halle and I will be busy preparing for my brother's wedding (on October 8th), visiting with my girlfriend from Ottawa and her little man and of course, spending LOTS of time with Grandma and Grandpa who are coming up to visit from Massachusetts! We can hardly wait. We'll be back the following week with some wedding pictures and other fun stuff! Enjoy your weekend!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Have a great weekend! The pink and orange bedroom makes me want to try for a girl (or two)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the orange and pink bedroom - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including our project, Kerry! You are so sweet. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowww what an awesome roundup! those celeb pics are crazy! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog anniversary! You sound so very busy...but happy, happy:) Enjoy all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blog Anniversary doll :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your blogiversary! And enjoy your coming week - it sounds as if it will be filled with lots of fun, family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these posts, Kerry. You always find the best bits... congrats on the babble feature - x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday FTF! (: Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Kerry (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! It is my blog's b-day tomorrow!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig