Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall 2011 Trends

The days are getting shorter, the weather is getting cooler, and Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte is back. That can only mean one thing - Autumn is upon us. I know it technically doesn't start until later this month, but like most people, September signifies the start of the new season for me. Of course, the start of a new season means time to switch up some decor and cozy up your home for the chilly days that lay ahead.


Style at Home recently released their 2011 Fall Trends report, which has definitely provided me with some fabulous inspiration for our own home.


The trend that I loved most was Wood. It's the perfect natural element to add a great texture to your space and really warm it up. The other great thing about wood is that you easily mix different kinds of wood to get different textures in your space. Here are some ways I'd love to add wood into our home this fall...


These Ash Wood and Linen picture frames from Chapters/Indigo are beautiful. The two textures feel so warm to me, and the linen mat is so different from traditional matting. I particularly  like these frames for 5x7 photos, as we have 2 5x7 prints of Halle coming from our photographer. I think these frames with those photos would be a great addition to our front entrance (and the 20% off online is a great bonus!)

via chapters

Remember my garage sale chair that I purchased over a year ago? Well, B and I are talking about how it NEEDS to be recovered and removed from his garage and into the house. I love the idea of recovering it in this fabric by Thom Filicia for Kravet (and yes, I have blogged about it before, I just can't justify spending the money and have yet to find a look-for-less fabric that I like).

ThomFilicia_FauxBois

Style at Home is also talking about the new neutrals for this season, which include shades of Taupe, Sage and Lilac. As you know, I'm gearing up to refresh our living room, and while I'm not really leaning towards using Taupe or Lilac in that space, I am more than open to exploring some of those lovely shades of Sage...

Sage - via Style at Home

The third trend they are discussing is all about adding a bit of Modern Global flare into your space. Think natural textures, exotic textiles and culturally inspired pieces. The room below, from Style at Home is an example of Modern Global that works for me... 

modern-global-wall via Style at Home

West Elm is also doing a great job offering up some inspiration...

via West Elm

This wooden spice box is so lovely and a stylish way to store jewelry or other small items, to keep your space from looking cluttered.

via West Elm

I'd say these quilted pillows, made from saris, hit this trend right on the head... plus the colours are just gorgeous.

via West Elm

... and if you're going to add those beautiful pillows, why not include this gorgeous Kilim rug as well? So rich and warm, I think I'm in love!


So which trend are you loving most for this fall season? Are they any you are ready to jump on and add to your home?

Speaking of fall... I head back to classes tonight, and I am so looking forward to it! I'll be starting the business practice course, and I'm looking forward to all of the fun things I'll learn this term. I hope that I can be better about sharing the work that I do in this course.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. oh, i love that faux bois pattern. i am so super excited it's time for all this-it's only technically a week away. we're supposed to get temps in the 60s the end of the week (crazy) so i'll be busting out my bins o' fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo! I love that faux bois fabric too! I'm all about wood when it comes to fall too, there is something about it that just feels so cozy and warms up a room.

    Good luck back at school tonight, Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at class!! hope you have fun and don't mind being away from peanut too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found West Elm and I am in LOVE. They have so many beautiful things. Truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig