Monday, June 20, 2011

Nursery Week - Tiny Treasures

Over this past weekend we accomplished a TON in the nursery. I'm starting to feel a little more relaxed and prepared as things come together. So, I figured that I would dub this week "Nursery Week" so that we can share everything that we've completed recently. 


I thought I'd start off slow by sharing some of the little things that we brought into the nursery over the weekend. They are mostly tiny treasures that I want to pass onto my little girl from when I myself was small... but also a little something my Mom picked up for her while we were out on Saturday afternoon. 


I'll start off with the little gift from my Mom...


LittleShoesLittleShoes

LittleShoes

Quite possibly the cutest little shoes ever (yes... her shoe collection continues to grow). They are size 6 - 12 months, so we're hoping that she can wear them when we visit our timeshare in Florida next spring! I'd seen them ages ago and BabyGap, but never grabbed them. These were the very last pair in the store that we went to over the weekend. Thanks Mom! 

While on the topic of shoes, these were not brought to our place over the weekend, but you may remember we writing about my Dad's baby shoes that I was gifted at my baby shower last month. I've decided to make them part of the nursery decor, so here's a little peek...

Dads ShoesDads Shoes

As much as I love the new... having these little reminders of family in her nursery make it that much more special.

Moving from little shoes that belonged to my father, onto these little books that were once mine...

Beatrix Potter

Beatrix Potter

As you can see in the first photo, my little collection of Beatrix Potter books sustained some water damage while they were stored in my parents basement. Thankfully, it was mostly the outside of the one box. My parents found them quickly when the water incident happened and dried them off, so there is no mold or musty smell. Thank god! I adored these little books when I was young, and I so look forward to sharing them with my daughter!

Finally, this little set also came home with us...

Tea Set

An adorable little teddy bear tea set! Oh, how I can't wait to have tea parties in the future with our little peanut. For now, the box is stored in her closet (which is FINALLY holding her tiny clothes). One day it will come out and we'll put it to great use though!

What little treasures do you adore most from your childhood, or have you passed on to your own kids? 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. These are so cute! I love little shoes! Awwwww!

    Hope you had a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of little things! Beatrix Potter was one of my faves when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty shoes!! I've passed books down to my oldest son, which will now go to his little borther, stuffed animals that I adorded. There's nothing better than seeing your own little ones, loving what you loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had that collection of books, too. i had forgot all about them. how adorable are those new shoes, and how special are your dad's.

    i love discovering my mom still has things, like our favorite peter rabbit bowl, or a snoopy spoon. that always brings me back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO so so sweet. Those little shoes are killing me. Ah! Just precious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books will be my number one most likely. I have all my Golden Books and I've been collecting all my fave childhood books since I was 16 so that one day I will be able to give them to my child. To name a few...
    The Jolly Postman and Other People's Letters
    Each Peach Pear Plum
    The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales
    Ferdinand the Bull
    Ping
    Corduroy
    Where's My Blankie? Sesame Street
    The Frog Prince Continued
    Purple, Green and Yellow
    Where's Spot?
    Love You Forever
    True Story Of The Three Little Pigs
    From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, E. L. Konigsburg
    The Velveteen Rabbit
    Frog and Toad series
    Narnia series
    Beatrix Potter series
    and of course all Eric Carle and Roald Dahl children's books.

    Sorry I totally just used your blog to make a list of books I have/want to buy for my future offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay nursery week! I'm a sucker for baby shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely lovely nursery your little one will have! the shoes are precious, and those Beatrix Potter books - bring back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great treasures! The books are fantastic, and I adore those shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is going to use that tea set all the time. How special that you have your fathers baby booties, they are beautiful. My kids have the same set of peter rabbit books, and they were mine, passed on by my Mum when I had children - what would we do without our Mum's?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig