Friday, December 3, 2010

It's A Jungle out There!

Just wanted to spread the word to my readers and fellow bloggers. I just received and email from someone claiming to work for a company called MSO Marketing. The whole wording of the email was a little off, which had me googling this "so called company" immediately (as I do normally anyway... you can never be too safe!). The email read;

Hello,
I recently came across your blog:
http://first-time-fancy.blogspot.com/


I have a few questions about you site, please get back to me when you get a chance!

Thank you!
--Elyse
--Elyse
Elyse Mallone
Research Analyst
MSO Marketing

The things that set off the alarm bells for me? Listing my blog... I know my blog, thanks, no need to share the link with me. Second, if you have questions, why not ask right away? Third, why is your name signed three times? Seriously scammers...

Anyway, when I googled I also came across a blog post done yesterday over at plain & fancy living. So word is getting around, and I do think it's important that we keep each other in the loop on this stuff. Who knows what exactly this person is looking to get, but how about we just don't try and find out and leave it be!?

Play safe bloggers... It's seriously a jungle out there!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I got one too but someone claiming to be from a search engine site. Found it fishy. But my blog email gets sob letters from "Africa" daily and that I have won a jackpot - I guess I am a gazillionare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same one you did. wish these guys would spend their time doing something productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know about this. I have gotten one or two sketchy emails like this over the last couple of months, but immediately deleted them. I will share if I get anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can see how far behind in blog reading i have to do, but i am glad you posted this. i got this, and did the same thing you did, in terms of looking up the site. it just stinks, b/c ppl get emailed about sponsors, features, other opportunities, etc, and i am just automatically skeptic about anything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig