Monday, July 19, 2010

One Year Later...

This past Saturday was the one year anniversary of B and I getting the keys and moving into our first home. I can't believe it's already been a full year. One thing that has me thinking, is that it is time for me to post up a proper home tour of our little place in the world... hopefully by the end of the week. For now, I want to share with you what we did to celebrate this milestone.

This past Saturday we threw a little open house party / BBQ and welcomed in family & friends to come and see the difference we've made over the past year. We were lucky to have B's parents and sister drive up from Boston on Wednesday and spend until Sunday with us. We got to spend a lot of time with them, and they were more than eager to help finish up some projects and prepare for our big party. We couldn't thank them enough for everything that they did!

Though it was never our intention to receive, only to share in our happiness with people we care about, our family and friends were far too gracious and we certainly were spoiled.

When B's parents and sister arrived on Wednesday we were gifted with these gorgeous wind chimes which now hang in the back garden.



Aren't they lovely? I adore them, because not only will they remind us of B's wonderful family, but the sound of them also reminds me of the wind chimes my own parents have hanging on their back deck. Such a beautiful gift!

When my parents arrived on Saturday for the party, they absolutely blew us away. After handing B a new BBQ cover my Dad explained that it was to go with the brand new Grill they had out in the trailer. I thought B's eyes were going to pop out of his head when my Dad said it. We were so thankful and so excited to put our new beautiful stainless grill on the back deck, and assembly began late in the evening...



On Sunday B and I had our inaugural meal on the new grill... and boy, is she fancy!



Now what to do with the old one...??



Then, as if they knew, our good friends (who are expecting a little one) showed up with a rotisserie for B to use with his brand new grill. I know he's anxious to use it. They also brought a little something along for me. They remembered the lovely measuring spoons that I loved so much from Anthropologie (but couldn't bring myself to buy), and picked them up for me.



I think everyone was slightly amused by my excitement over the measuring spoons. I really do love them though.

We really couldn't thank everyone enough who stopped by to celebrate this milestone with us. It meant a lot to see our family and friends chatting in the place we call ours. In a few days you can check out the spaces that we shared with them!

I hope all of my lovely readers had an equally fantastic weekend. What did you all get up to?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Wow, your friends and family are so great. I'm so glad you had a good time Kerry. Can't wait to see the house tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend - and a wonderful bunch of people to call friends & family. How lucky you are! Looking forward to the house tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a great and lovely weekend! My fiance would totally die if he got a stainless grill as a gift :) I should send him this link hehe can't wait to see the pics of the place all spruced up!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! nothing like a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig