Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ready, Set, BUILD!

While Halle and I may still be kicking around back in Ontario (we have a very important wedding to attend this Saturday), B is in BC and already working on some home projects for us (isn't he the best?). 

On the top of our to-do list at the moment is to do something about our big huge empty Dining Room...


IMG_1409

The space was originally intended to have a dining room on one end and a seating area over by the window. Even after viewing the property for the first time I just knew that it was an awkward set up. Neither of us wanted to try and squeeze a small table into that area beneath the lighting, and we didn't need the extra seating area since we have one upstairs and one on the main floor, where our TV is. We love to entertain, and we love having more than two people over at a time when we do. In order to make better use of this large space, we have decided to transform the area into one big dining room.

At the moment, we are in the midst of building our own huge custom dining table for the room... or rather, B is in the midst of building it. My role was to send him my inspiration photos of what I want in the space, so after scouring Pinterest for ideas, these are the one's I sent...

Shanty 2 Chich - Dining Table Inspiration
{via Ana White}

Dining Room Table Inspiration
{via Pinterest}

dining room table inspiration

I'm a huge fan of the painted base on that last table.

While B is busy building, I've also been trying to collect inspiration on how I want the Dining Room to look when we are done decorating. Most importantly, I need to find just the right chairs since we'll be having four house guests for Thanksgiving (the Canadian one) this year. My ideal would be to have Madeleine Side Chairs from Restoration Hardware along either side of the table, with something larger flanking each end. 

Madeleine Side Chair - Restoration Hardware

We've already been thinking of lighting, and love the idea of having two pendants hanging over our large table. In my dream dining room, I'd love to see two (maybe 3 depending on the final length of our table) of the Pottery Barn Greenhouse Pendant lights hanging over our table.

Pottery Barn Greenhouse Pendant

So all things are being considered, including paint colour, artwork and the type of built-in we'd like to add to the niche in the wall. Lots to do, so take one last look at this big empty dining room. The next time I share a photo, you can bet it will be looking very different!

IMG_1409

Are you working on any big projects at home? Have any rooms that are being redecorated, or maybe even decorated for the very first time?
SHARE:

1 comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig