Monday, September 30, 2013

A Table & Chairs

Well - we've been busy bee's around here. In just over a week we have FOUR house guests coming to stay with us - two for one week, and the other two for two full weeks. All four will be staying here for the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday so we are doing our best to have a mostly functioning dining room for the occasion. So what have we been up to?

Let's start with the table situation, shall we? When Halle and I arrived back to BC last Monday, B had our dining room table "mocked up" in the garage. As in, he had most of the pieces cut, and clamps holding it all together so I could get an idea of what the finished product would look like. I was thrilled, but there was still a lot of work to be done. So on Thursday evening last week, after dinner B headed back outside and spent a couple of hours  cutting a few more pieces and getting the base assembled. 


DIY Dining Table - First Time Fancy

Unfortunately, that one night did not complete the table. B mentioned that night he had a lot of sanding ahead of him, and that he may even need to borrow a plainer to get our table nice and smooth and pretty looking. 

Even with an unfinished table, new furniture has made it's way into the dining room. Let me start from the beginning.

The week before I arrived back in BC, I had been online looking at different dining chairs. I somehow ended up on Cost Plus World Market and fell in love with the Plaid and Teal Green Wes Dining Chair. It immediately reminded me of a number of chairs we had seen in Scotland and loved, and as a bonus, it was on sale! I sent the link to B, commenting on how great it was. Turns out, he thought so too because he arrived home on Tuesday last week with two of them for either end of our dining table! True love people! He apparently ordered them almost immediately after I sent the link and then drove to our mailbox in Washington State after work to deliver them home for my birthday! I married a good one!


World Market Dining ChairWorld Market Dining Chair

World Market Dining Chair

World Market Dining Chair

Two down, 10 more to go. (Yup, this table is going to be a BIG one!). 

... Now to start preparing the guest rooms! What did you get up to this weekend? 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I LOVE those chairs. And you would not believe how excited I was reading your post thinking that WM shipped to Canada....darn! Maybe B would like to pick a few things up for me :) I wish we lived closer to the border sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the table is gorgeous! must have been an insane amount of work (and talent!) Can't wait to see the finished dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one talented HUSBAND you have there Kerry! Gorgeous chairs too. I would keep them tucked in all the time just so I could walk by and pet that turquoise velvet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig