Monday, October 29, 2012

Just Squeaking In

We're only a couple of days away, and I'm finally ready to share our Halloween decorating with you. We usually keep the holiday pretty simple, and this year we kept our decorating to just the outdoors. While we have had just a couple of pieces to decorate in the past, this year The Home Depot helped out and sent us some great pieces to help make Halloween a little more spooky around these parts. I'll start by sharing a look at our outdoor decor (daytime) and give you the run down on what we have...


October 28, 2012

Pretty much all of our decorating was completed yesterday, and I love this lawn stake sent to us by The Home Depot and Environics PR. It's got the right amount of spooky, with a little bit of fun thrown in as well. The best part, is if you'd like to pick one up for yourself before Wednesday, you can grab them for under $10! 

PicMonkey Collage

By the front door we added a bunch of our spider webs which we've had for a few years now. I love the way we were able to frame the entire doorway with them, and there is even one on the inside of the window next to the door. I told B I'm going to have a hard time distinguishing the real spiders from the fake one's hiding in our webs. 

October 28, 2012

We also added some ghost stake lights to the empty strip of garden next to our walkway. We picked those up at Target during our last visit to Seattle for $15. We figure we'll get some good use out of them in the years to come.

October 28, 2012

October 28, 2012

Our five pumpkins that we picked up over Thanksgiving weekend, are hanging out by the front door. We've had every intention to paint or carve all of them, but so much as been happening that I've only had a chance to tackle the one for Halle. I painted it with two coats of chalkboard paint, and then used a gold paint pen to create the polka dots and free handed "h". I love how it turned out, and I hope I can get paint at least one more before the big day! The wooden crate that they are sitting on also came in The Home Depot's Halloween package, and as soon as I saw it, I knew it would be the perfect way to add some height to our pumpkin collection since we don't actually have any front steps.

October 28, 2012

This scarecrow also came from The Home Depot. I wish we had, had a chance to use her longer, and we had hoped to grab a couple of bails of hay to place around her, to make it look like she was sitting on something but time just slipped away from us. For now, she's just hanging out in the empty garden bed in front of our dining room bay window. We think she's pretty cute, and to be honest, once it's dark, her six foot figure looms in the darkness making it look like someone is standing in our garden bed, which is pretty creepy.

To get the full effect of our decorating though, I headed back outside with my camera and tripod in the evening and snapped a few more photos...

October 28, 2012
{Ignore our relatively empty dining room. I'll have to remember to close the curtains on Halloween night}

Once it gets dark, it's much easier to see some of our favourite items that came from The Home Depot. In the bottom left hand of the above photo, you'll see our little orange glowing tree. These ten feet of mini lights were perfect to light up our walkway, and if you want to grab some of your own... they'll cost you under $5! Yes, there is still time to run out and grab some before Halloween!

You'll also notice a blue hue in our one dining room window, and reflecting off the garage window. In our package, we also received a fun little strobe light. I placed it in our dining room and B and I had a ton of fun playing around with how fast we can make the lights flash. Again, this is a great item to pick up - it's small and under $3! Perfect for those decorating on a budget!

For fun, a few more night shots for you...

October 28, 2012

October 28, 2012

October 28, 2012

I love the atmosphere cast over our home for Halloween. Every year decorating get's a little more fun, so I'd like to say a big, huge THANK YOU to The Home Depot and Environics, for helping make this year that much better. I know that Halle will get a kick out of each of those items in future years as well.

Are you ready for Halloween? Did you go to any costume parties this weekend? I'd love to hear what everyone else got up to this weekend - B and I had a pretty quiet one around here, so we'd love to live through your weekends!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Looks great Kerry! I love that crate - you could use it in so many place, and for so many occasions!

    I actually didn't go to any Halloween parties this past weekend (I think I was the only one...?), but "J" and I did go to Amanda's house to carve pumpkins with her and Jax - fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We are quite lame this year. Your webbing is great.. I always find it hard to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarecrow! We bought some of the web stuff and some spiders to put on it but have yet to do that. We (and I mean my husband) still needs to carve our pumpkins too... maybe that will happen tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome kerry! I love the ghost lights and the crate for pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those house looks great!! I love love Halle's pumpkin, so cute and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good!! We carved apumpkin on the weekend, but love how your painted one turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pumpkin you painted for Halle is so cute. I love it! And you're doing far better than we are... we haven't decorated for Halloween at all and, at this point, we don't have any Halloween candy. With TWO crazy dogs in the house now to control every time a small child comes to the door, I'm thinking of shutting off the lights and hiding out in our back room with Netflix all night. Pathetic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking really scray ;)
    Love evrything
    xoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...that looks great Kerry! You sure went alllll out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you went all out for Halloween!! It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig