Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Table

So, this coming weekend is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. I don't know about the rest of you, but I seriously feel like the whole holiday just sort of snuck up on me. I mean, here we were FINALLY enjoying some summer weather on the West Coast and them BAM - Thanksgiving. Well, I figured, we finally have a pretty nice space to work with, so why not really get into decorating this year? 

Last Friday, while the rain fell, my Mom and I got busy with working on a Thanksgiving table setting, using only items I already had in the house. Here's what we came up with...


Thanksgiving 2012

The best part about this time of the year it's that it's so easy to step right outside of your front door and find items to bring inside and help you decorate. We did quite a bit of that with this setting - or at least were inspired by the outdoors. 


IMG_7058

All of the dishes, glasses and cutlery are items that we have owned for quite a while. I figured since the dinner plates were black and white, that mixing up the glasses would make the dinner table look a little more fun. I love it.

PicMonkey Collage


For place markers, we used pinecones that we had stored in the garage for crafts and leaves I actually made last fall, using watercolour paper and paints. I just wrote on the painted leaves and then stuck them inside of the pinecones - easy, and free!


PicMonkey Collage

The centre of the table was really easy and quick to put together. I pulled the red lantern from our mantel (coming soon!), and the plate on the bottom B had got when he won a cake at a raffle during the summer. I put some extra painted leaves on the plate and then we scattered some acorn vase fillers around the base of the lantern. I also added some orange tea light holders on top of my cupcake stands, and the pumpkin salt and pepper shakers that my parents gifted us a few years ago.

IMG_7075

I left is pretty simple, and it cost me absolutely nothing to put it together - something we really appreciate these days! I like leaving space for food and drink on the table, hence not too much cluttering up the centre of the table. Now, if only we were going to be hosting our own big Thanksgiving dinner this weekend! 

Have you started decorating for autumn? Have you been thinking about your Thanksgiving table, or are you heading away for the long weekend? I'd love to hear what everyone else is doing to prepare for the holiday!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great table setting! Very inviting and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realize on early thanksgiving is in Canada! I love the table :) I also adore the cupcake stands! I just bought a pair from Macy's your making me want to buy some more:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table setting! I especially love decorating with natural items like pinecones and leaves! Unfortunately I will be away this Thanksgiving for work, which really sucks because it's one of my favourite holidays... oh well.

    Hope you and the fam have a wonderful thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you know what, I so haven't even started (eeek!) Last year by this time I was finished, but this year Thanksgiving has crept up on me too! We will be at friends for dinner, and then are hosting a small dinner the next day... so I better get started! Your table looks so warm and welcoming - love that you worked with what already have. That's my favorite way to go:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table looks beautiful! I really like how the blue chairs fit in, too. We always visit family for Thanksgiving, so we don't do much decorating, but I love looking at what others put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table looks so pretty .
    Good ideas as always
    xoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig