Monday, August 6, 2012

Worth the Wait

Good Morning friends. It's a holiday Monday here, hence the late post. We've been soaking up some gorgeous weather this weekend and spending a lot of family time together. I am, however, finishing up a few projects that I want to share with you later this week. In the meantime, I have a small surprise (for me) update that I completed on Friday.

The last time I shared our living room with you, our arm chair was still a big honking black eye sore...


May 2, 2012

For ages now I've been on the hunt for a slipcover to replace that old black one. I'd mostly been searching on craigslist and in the As-Is bin at IKEA, but we'd had no luck. Until last week. On an impromptu trip to IKEA, I finally found the beige armchair cover in the As-Is bin for half off! I snatched it up, and home it came to complete our living room...


August 6, 2012

It's nice to finally have a lighter coloured chair in this room, and be rid of that old black slipcover that we've had since 2009... and was second hand.  It's also a nice spot to keep our pretty "HOME" pillow, from Honeymoon at Home.


August 6, 2012

I loved being able to do something to spruce up the home that wasn't even on my to-do list. It's a small thing that really does make a big difference in our living space. 

For now, I need to get back to my projects, so I'll leave you with my favourite photo of our weekend. This one is from Friday night and it puts a huge smile on my face every time that I look at it. 

August 3, 2012

Also, if you missed my announcement yesterday, First Time Fancy is now accepting sponsors. For more information, click on the "Sponsorship" link in my navigation bar at the top of the page.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love your Home Pillow! So sweet, the house is looking good, and I love the pic of them walking hand in hand! That must be framed

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks nicer now,i love that pillow,enjoy your time with your family.
    xoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new chair cover looks great and I love the pillow you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better with the lighter slip over! And congrats on taking your blog to the next level, that's very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig