Thursday, August 2, 2012

Around These Parts...

I was MIA yesterday for a few reasons. It was mostly a combination of working on some projects that have been laying around, and enjoying my time with Halle. We managed to get out for a nice long walk yesterday afternoon to enjoy the weather, and while we were out I popped into our local Chapters. If you didn't already know, every time Canada wins a medal at the Olympics, the following day you can double your plum points! That was exciting, but the big red "SALE" signs were even more exciting for me. Of course, I picked up a few things...


August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012August 1, 2012

The Striped Box: I've been talking about getting one of these great little boxes from Chapters for quite some time now, but something was stopping me from making the purchase. Turns out, it was the price. This box is a great size from the outside, but is actually rather shallow. The perfect spot to keep letters, cards, etc. Normally $29.50, marked down to $10!? SOLD!

The Guest Book: Loved this! Quite some time ago I remember Christine posting about the little guest book they had in their home for friends and family to write about. I thought it was a cute idea, but honestly, we didn't have a ton of visitors coming by our place in Toronto. Now that we are living on the West Coast, it appears to be a different story (more on that in a moment). So, when I saw this little book was marked down to $11, I couldn't leave it behind!

The Little Tray: I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've had that tray sitting in my cart online, but never purchased it. Well, today's deal was too good to pass up! Marked from $14.50 to $3.20, I had to bring it home to sit on my bedside table. It's the perfect colour and a great little piece collect small items like rings and such. I love it!

Everything is already being put to good use around here - with the exception of our guest book, but all of that will change soon. 

I'm really starting to feel motivated now that August is upon us. It feels like I only just got back to B.C., and already I'm preparing to head back to Toronto for a wedding and Halle's final birthday party. Shortly after we return, B's parents will be flying out to spend some time with us and from there we are booked up with visitors right through to the end of September! I kid you not! I think we have a grand total of 5 days in September when we won't have visitors staying with us... and I'm so excited about it!

With that being said, I have a big long list of things I'd like to accomplish in the days that I have here in B.C., to prepare our home for our parade of guests. I have furniture to paint, artwork to hang, and of course a ton of cleaning. I plan to cross a lot off of my list this weekend, and put together a number of posts to share with you while I am back home visiting with my family.

In the meantime, I need to know - what do you do to prepare your home for guests? What are some of the things you love having people do for you when you go and stay with them? 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I personally love when people have mini "kits" in case I forgot to bring something. I like having it in the guest bedroom so I don't have to ask if they have a spare toothbrush or something. A nice fluffy towel waiting in the guest bedroom is really nice too instead of pulling one from the linen closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I bought that exact little tray in yellow (same situation, kept walking around the store with it in my hands but the price held me back until I too saw it for 75% off...how can you not!?) We don't often have over night guests, but when we do I always try to get some of their favourite foods, whether it's the main meal or just a few snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapters/Indigo have the BEST deals! And a lot of their decor really reminds of West Elm (but at a way better price point!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good deal! Never heard of Chapters (in South Carolina! But it looks like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get out! I had no idea! I am heading to Chapters ASAP! I have had my eye on those boxes forever! AAGGH!

    Good luck getting reading. You are one busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some pretty awesome sales!! I think I need to make a trip there ASAP too.

    Ah, the guest book. You're going to love it, it's so nice to look back on and read. Make sure you get dinner guests and such to write in it too! That book is perfect for it. I might have to track it down, that would make a really awesome house warming gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the b&w box - I need to go to Chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, I really appreciate not having to pack too many toiletries when travelling, so letting your guests know that you'll take care of shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. a is really nice thing to do. I also really like when my host has some suggestions of things to do or places they want to show me, and of course crisp clean bedding is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another reason I wish I lived in Canada! You luckies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, i love that tray. Looks so adorable! I'm at chapters now, perhaps i should check out their sale!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also want to know what I should have in my guest room! Your finds are great, I love stripes and that tray is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That little tray is SO sweet! Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig