Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's the Little Touches...

As I mentioned yesterday, Sunday consisted of a bit of prep for my brother's wedding which is coming up in October. After a delicious brunch, the men headed down to the pool while us ladies got set up upstairs, and got to work putting together the invites.


M and A, saved a ton of money by working with my Mom and having her design their invites - and they are gorgeous. Lots of browns and oranges and golds. We were so busy putting things together that I didn't get a chance to get any pictures of the actual invites, but I did get a picture of our favourite finishing touch.


This was something A had come across, and ordered online, and we're all so glad that she did. A and my brother had decided to seal the invite folders (not the mailing envelopes) with a wax stamp...


Stamp1

They had it personalized with their initials, and it's something they will be able to continue to use in their future together. They can ever order other attachments for the stamp handle, and different colours of wax to use it for other occasions in the future.

It took a lot of practice, with me using a hot glue gun to get the melted wax onto the folder, and A carefully stamping - and we finally got it right (as the pictures above and below would indicate).

Stamp2

We're so excited and happy with how they turned out, and can't wait to see what guests have to say about this little detail.

What little details did you love the most about your own wedding?

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I love these! I have them at home in the shapes of a heart... a Christmas tree and a "J" Such a beautiful addition to any card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant! Sets the tone for a fun wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome detail! So personal! Where did they order them??

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love this. I want one now too :)
    We loved our wedding cake, if that counts as a detail! It was just so gorg!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely - it's all these little bits that add up to a memorable wedding - they are lucky to have you guys all so involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a wax stamp with the letter "A" but I haven't used it in years - I gotta get back into letter writing.

    I like the colour combo for the invites - tres chic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. browse around these guys informative post find here Click Here this content page

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took a lot of practice, with me using a hot glue gun to get the melted wax onto the folder, and A carefully stamping - and we finally got it right (as the pictures above and below would indicate).
    summer weight blanket king
    cool ice silk blanket

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig