Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dream Home - NYC Pied-a-Terre

It's been a while since my last Dream Home post, in which we escaped to the countryside in Spain. On that post I got a comment from Tara saying she dreams of a pied-a-terre in NYC... so I thought I'd go back to find another gorgeous NYC home (you can check out my first one here). My search this time, brought me back once again to trusy ol' Sotheby's Realty and I was so happy with what I found...

I think the description from the listing captures it pretty well...

"Deluxe apartment in superb condition by top interior designer, and with every amenity, including a view of a beautiful cupola reminiscent of the rooftops of Florence. Grand, elegant living room, with beamed ceilings, herringbone floors, glorious light, and mirrored dining area. The charming and whimsical master bedroom, its walls canvassed with a scene from an 18th century Italian painting, has an entire wall of mirrored closets, and en suite sophisticated master bath. The kitchen, in addition, to top gourmet appliances, encompasses floor to ceiling bookcases. A lovely powder room completes the apartment. This spacious-one-of-a kind residence is in a premier Park Avenue building in the best Park Avenue location, and near Central Park. Concierge services, daily maid service 5 days per week, all utilities, and private storage room are included in the maintenance. There is a fitness center, and the Park Avenue Café is in the building. Sorry, no pets."

Is there anything this place is missing? Just check out these photos...

living1

Love these mirrored walls in the living room... and check out the furniture...

living2

The soft, muted tones of everything really brightens up the space and makes that huge art piece the focal point of the room. Looks like the perfect spot to enjoy a few cocktails before a fabulous night out in the city, no?

dining1

The mirrors in the dining room, and those fabulous chairs won me over immediately. Staged so perfectly, how could you possibly say no to this space?

The bedroom looks like a perfect retreat as well, away from the hustle and bustle of the city...
bedroom1

bedroom2

Again, the muted tones and mirrors just make the room feel so airy and bright. I could probably do with a little less of the mural on the walls, but it does add character to the space.

And not to be out done by the glamour on the interior... the view is just as gorgeous...

view1

What a dreamy place to escape to, in such a large busy city! The perfect little retreat! Where do you dream of living or taking off to? I love searching out these little gems and would love to search one out for you. Just leave a comment or shoot me an email, and I'll do my best to find your Dream Home!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. OMG! What a beautiful apartment! I was wondering, is that child art blown up to an enormous size in that second photo? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I could totally live there. :) Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a dream home indeed! I can't imagine living with so many mirrors... Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love it. There is no way you could be there and not relax. I would just be afraid of spilling my wine!

    http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love all the mirrors and the soft muted colour palette!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this and the mention:) Just what I had in mind! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig