Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Basement Keeps Progressing

This past weekend B spent a lot of time working in the basement and boy did it pay off. When I say "a lot of time", it almost seems like an understatement. After spending all day Saturday down below with a good friend putting up the new ceiling drywall, he headed back down around midnight (after our date night) and continued to work until about 3:30 in the morning. Mind you, it was well worth it as our basement now looks like this...




Thanks B for being so wonderful and hard working!!


See where that small square of dirty old carpet ends closest to the drywalled area? That's where the original wall was in that basement that concealed the furnace and water heater. Crazy how much space we've gained from doing this! 


I was also excited that on Sunday, B and my Dad got to talking and it seems that they plan on working together this coming weekend to get the shower enclosure all tiled. I'm starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel! I cannot WAIT to have this basement finished!


I'll leave the rest of the updates to B. Apologies for the short post, but all of my own time and effort is currently being put into finishing up my final project.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wowee, that is a lot of extra space! Congrats on having a nice big space to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig