Monday, August 29, 2011

Carrying on Tradition

Since I shared my latest project post this morning, I had to take some time this afternoon to post a little about our weekend.


As I mentioned on Friday, we headed over to the CNE this weekend with Halle and this was a huge deal for me (and not just because baby girl turned 5 weeks that day!). You see, the CNE has always been a tradition in my family. Every August, for as long as I can remember, we packed into the car and headed down to the Exhibition grounds to finish off summer with a bang. As kids we enjoyed the rides, games and food... and as I got older the rides have become less exciting and now it's all about food and shopping. Regardless of what we're there for, we always have a great time, so it meant a lot to me to bring Halle for the first time, and my parents came along too...

CNE - August 27, 2011
B, Halle (in the stroller of course) and my Dad as we entered the Ex Grounds...

CNE - August 27, 2011
Halle spent a good portion of the day doing this... which made our trip so very easy! 

IMG_4555
Considering B's corn dog. She wasn't interested... she'd just eaten...

IMG_4556
Checking out what's good from her perch on Grandpa's shoulder

CNE - August 27, 2011CNE - August 27, 2011
Spent some time hanging out with Daddy while we "shopped" - she loved all of the lights and different colours...

CNE - August 27, 2011
As we left for another year, my Dad snapped a family photo of us (even though you can really only see Halle's hand in this photo... she was asleep and we didn't want to wake her up for the photo) in front of the Prince's Gates. We'll have to get another one next summer!

What fun things did you get up to this past weekend? Any traditions you have to end the summer?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Looks like fun! Thumbs up for the Red Sox hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend! That Halle sure is a cutie and you are looking great, girl! How does it feel to have your body back??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tradition Kerry! I used to have traditions like that when I was little, like going to Ottawa with my dad & sister to skate the canal, or going camping in Algonquin park... it's funny, I don't do those things anymore, but they are memories I will never forget!

    I hope that Halle had a wonderful first time at the CNE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture is so cute! And you are looking fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I ever said CONGRATS, so CONGRATS on your beautiful baby girl....and that day looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are looking so great chick! and what a fun weekend~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig