Friday, October 8, 2010

Fancy Friday Love

Happy Friday Friends! We're gearing up for a long weekend here in the great white north; Thanksgiving to be exact! B's parents are in town, along with Brett's Godmother and her husband. Sunday we'll be hosting the four of them along with my parents! It'll be a big dinner for our little home to take on, but I always love a challenge! I'll be back next week with some details.

Before I jump into all of my fancy stuff, I just wanted to quickly apologize for being a bad blogger and commenter this past week. Things have been a little crazy for me, and I haven't been feeling quite like myself. I'm hoping to shake it over the weekend and get back to my old self by hanging out with some great family and friends! I appreciate all of you still stopping by and commenting, even if it is just on some silly old post about fleece sheets! You're all so wonderful!

With that out of the way, let's check out my fancy finds from the past week! See you all after my turkey overload!

Loved this beautiful farmhouse kitchen renovation found on frugal farmhouse design.


Head on over to the blog to see more, but I think it looks absolutely beautiful! Bonus: the whole thing was done for UNDER $1000! Now, that's my kind of kitchen renovation!



Yeah, this was posted on Monday and kicked off an entire week devoted to Smores recipes! How awesome is that!? Head on over and check out all of that delicious marshmallowy, chocolately, graham crackery goodness! 

How sweet is this DIY headboard that Lindsay put together for the daybed in little Oscar's nursery?


Lindsay's blog was one of the very first I ever read, way back when I got into the whole design blog thing! I'm pretty sure that this is actually the very first post I read, when her and her husband were first working on this room. Now it's a lovely nursery for their beautiful little boy! One of the things I love about design blogs, watching spaces evolve!

It's before and after's like the one below, that was featured on the blog Pink Wallpaper, that remind me what I love so much about renovations and interior decorating!


It really goes to show that with a great vision and a little creativity and planning, any space can really shine! I'm loving the old beams on the ceiling, the tile backsplash over the stove and that incredible island! This was just the transformation I needed to see to get my inspirational juices flowing again. I literally felt a switch flick when I saw it.

Short list, I know... I guess that's what happens when you're in a bit of a slump. Regardless, I'm wishing you all a fantastic weekend, and to my Canadian friends and readers, I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Kerry!! I honestly cannot wait to see what you cook up - I don't think you have done a food post...? Are you keeping it traditional? Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, the usual? Or are you gonna mix it up a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a kitchen makeover! love it all~ hope you have a great weekend with your fam and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Kerry!!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Kerry!! Good luck with dinner... I'm lucky all my family is in town, I've yet to have to try and master a turkey myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that kitchen!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving doll!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Turkey day! Can't wait to see how you set the table this year (no pressure) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kerry. I hope you get out this this slump! I think yummy turkey and family and friends will definitely set you right!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerry,

    Hope you're enjoying your thanksgiving weekend!! The book didn't arrive yet, but I'll watch for it next week and let you know when I've got it in my hot little hands. Looking forward to it! Thanks again!
    :) Christine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig