Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring is Coming!

Spring is coming, albeit very slowly around these parts. We actually have quite a bit of snow on the ground, and I had to get into my winter coat once again (it's getting a little tight). It hurts my heart a little bit that winter won't just go away, but that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about tackling our outdoor space.

To be kind, I'll say that our backyard is "unfortunate looking" at the moment (even though B gave it a little bit of TLC and clean up late last week). I won't even share a photo right now as I'm extremely embarrassed. so we still have quite a bit of work left to do. As I daydream about all of the possibilities back there, let me share with you some fantastic pieces I'm loving right now...

How incredible is this Carriage Birdhouse from Anthropologie? It's not even a smidge within our budget for a birdhouse, sitting at $440... but it's gorgeous regardless....


They're nothing special, but I think that the IKEA SOCKER plant markers are super cute! Last summer we had a hard time remember where we planted what in our very first veggie garden (with the exception of our monster tomato plants), so we'll definitely need some of these... and only $0.49 for a 2 pack... much more in our budget than the birdhouse!

These Reed Hurricanes would be great to light up some late night gatherings in the yard. The smaller of the two is priced at $49.95 and the larger at $59.95, from Crate and Barrel.


More within our price range are these fantastic Mercury Glass Globe String Lights from Pottery Barn. $39, and gorgeous!


And for outdoor entertaining, while those lights are shimmering overhead - how about these gorgeous Victorian Tumbler's, also from Pottery Barn.


Also great from IKEA is the FALSTER series of outdoor furniture! It's a plastic that looks and feels like wood. Combined with a rustproof aluminum frame it's all easy care and weather proof - perfect for our unpredictable weather conditions here in the great white north!



I would be a truly happer camper if I could get our yard looking as gorgeous as this...


I'd also gladly take a home in the country with a simple outdoor set up like this...

{via}

So, are the rest of you craving a little warmth and sunshine? Anything in particular on your wishlist for your outdoors spaces this coming season?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Such gorgeous summery images! I want summer! Things are moving pretty slowly around here too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the IKEA outdoor furniture. I need to redo my outdoor rug - that's my big anticipated outdoor project this year. It's just ugly from rainwater getting on it. I wanted to thank you for reading about my project on Modern Jane and for leaving a comment. As a new blogger, I sooo appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am - especially since we just had a stinking blizzard..boo. Love those sherbert glasses and the pretty inspiration shots. Can't wait to see what you do with your space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love those string lights! And $440 for the birdhouse...it's beautiful, but wow! It would be an interesting DIY project. Hmmm...

    I also chose you for a Stylish Blogger Award. Click here to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I'm craving some sunshine!! People in Edmonton (me included) are getting grumpy ;)

    I've been dreaming about sprucing up our outdoor space lately too! I'm loving the loungy type furniture from IKEA. I just want a place where I can curl up and read a book... can't wait for those days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that birdcage! And those little colorful cups....I'm looking for those to be displayed on my shelf/desk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh....i like i love i want! Great images. Today's snow REALLY got me down...i'm thinking warm thoughts!! This post certainly helped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something tells me Brett could build you a birdcage like that for much less!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that anthro birdcage is amazing! and oh how i love spring! now if we can just get some sunshing-:) love all these fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those string lights and that birdcage!!! Beautiful pics!
    Homeowner Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those reed hurrican lanterns!
    I need an enitre outdoor space, period. I have no furniture... it's been on my to-buy list...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What refreshing images, perfect for today as we enjoyed +18C here in Vancouver. It will be short lived I know, as the rain is coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That birdcage is so nice! LOve love love your post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig