Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dream Home - Cotswold Charm

This afternoon I originally hoped to share the Princess Margaret Show Home as part of my Dream Home series - however my computer was fighting uploading the images properly... so I'll just have to share another day this week.

Everyone has different ideas of what they would do if they won big in the lottery (or just came into a lot of money in general). Though I have all kinds of fancy thoughts and ideas of what I would like to do with millions, one thing I know for sure is that I would invest in some more property. In particular, I would love to own a beautiful home somewhere in rural England. Of course, what better place to search than directly in "The Heart of England" or The Cotswolds.

With the help of Right Move, I was able to find this gorgeous 4 bedroom semi-detached home. Now if only we had £550,000 to invest in it right now...




Isn't the character on the exterior gorgeous? Loving the stone and the wood doors. Absolutely beautiful! I did find, through my search that looking for a traditional English cottage that was bright and sunny, but still maintained it's character, was pretty difficult. This one seems to hit that mark though. Check out this big and sunny living room (or reception room)...



Those beams and that fireplace are what really make this room for me. What's better is that the space above can totally be used for TV viewing, family time and entertaining without kids toys scattered all around. It looks like there is the perfect space for a kids playroom, tucked away right at the back of the home. Perfect! Especially with the easy access for playing in the back garden!


Loving the bright kitchen as well with it's high ceilings and stone floors. It's a little more modern than I had originally had in mind - but let's be honest, a more modern kitchen would be far easier to cook in.



With three bedrooms, it'd be the perfect country retreat. A room for us, one for the peanut and an extra room for guests or family who may join us on our little getaways.


Though this first bedroom is great and I love the beams... I'm questioning how easy it would actually be to get in and out of bed with such sloped ceilings. Even with me being only 5'0", it seems like it may be a tight squeeze to walk next to the bed. Maybe it might work better for a room for the peanut?



These two kids bedrooms are so sweet! I love that they are girly without being TOO girly. Also the wood panelled ceiling in the first room, and the glimpse of that fantastic door did me in! Plus what's better than those huge wide plank floors? Gorgeous!

Doesn't this just strike you as the perfect little country cottage getaway, with just the right amount of updating so you're not really roughing it? A girl surely can dream. If you want to check out more from this home, you can see the full listing here

What kind of home do you dream of living in or escaping away to? I'd love to search out your dream home.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I'm right with you Kerry on the quaint English cottage. I have family in England and fall in love with the country and it's people every time I go there. I most definitely would get a little cottage in the countryside! And this one is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore old English homes! Such character and style that you just don't get in new homes here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, gorgeous home Kerry. I usually find english homes so dark and dreary...and they all seem to have carpeting in every room..lol. but this one is bright, cheery and not to "old manor"...very nice-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig