Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Again...

Yes friends, September is here. Kids will go back to school on Tuesday, and I'll go back to my Interior Decorating program on the 14th (I'm not being too ambitious, so I'm only taking one class this semester, which means only 1 class a week for three hours). As part of getting ready to head back to classes, I worked with the Home Depot to create a back to school project which for me was a chalkboard calendar (if you missed it, you can see my first post on this project right here). 


Today I wanted to share the final project with you. After letting the chalkboard paint cure for the required 3 days and then last night B conditioned the board by rubbing chalk all over (and then erased it)...


Chalkboard Calendar

Once it was all cleaned off, it was time to get it hung over my desk. B let me decide where it should hang (so that I could actually reach it over my desk) and after getting it level, he drilled into the wall so that he could place our anchors...

Chalkboard Calendar

Then it was all a matter of getting it mounted with some screws...

Chalkboard Calendar

Then I had the fun job of filling it out!

Chalkboard Calendar

Chalkboard Calendar

I'm so happy to have the finished chalkboard in my office, and I know it will be a great tool to help me keep track of important events and school projects, as well as manage my time. 

Of course, I need to say another big Thank You to the Home Depot for asking me to work with them. I had a great time working on this project and I know my new calendar will continue to be useful for me.

Have you managed to finish up any projects that you wanted to cross off your list before school starts up again?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The calendar looks really good, great project thats not only pretty but usefull

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cute Kerry! I have a whiteboard calendar that's similar but it's nowhere near as chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get tired of seeing chalkboard projects. It looks great and is so functional. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig