Friday, September 23, 2011

A Different Kind of Fancy Friday Love

Happy Friday! Can you believe there is only one more week left in September? Time is flying past and the proof is that Halle is already 2 months old today! Definitely not my tiny newborn any more. So for those of you interested, I'll be back this afternoon with her 2 month photo... and some of what she's up to / enjoying these days 


So yes, it's Friday and I have some stuff to share, but not in my usual style. I've been offline all week so saying I'm behind in blog reading would be a massive understatement. Instead, there are just a few things that I wanted to fill you in on...


Recently, I shared my DIY artwork that I created for our bedroom with The Nest. This week, it was shared on their website as part of a DIY artwork slideshow. I know you've already seen what I've done - but why not head on over  and check out some other fabulous ideas by some truly talented bloggers?


Bedroom Artwork - July 2011


In other news, I made a huge decision this past week. I've dropped my business course for the term. It was going to be really interesting and I was excited about it, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was not the right time for me to be back in classes. Halle will only be this tiny once, and only for so long. I don't want my days at home with her filled with me being stressed out to get school work done. At the moment, she is my priority and I want it to remain that way. I'm not giving up on school, I'm just taking some time for us. I plan to go back in January, when I hope she's napping a little more regularly and going to sleep earlier... if not, at least it will be easier for B to help me out with her. 


On a higher note... Sunday is my 26th birthday, and I'm so looking forward to this weekend! Tomorrow a girlfriend of mine is coming over to spend some time with me and Halle. There is a street event going on nearby that we may check out (depending on weather) and we'll definitely be doing a lot of catching up. Then, on Sunday, my parents are watching Halle while B and I head over the border to check out the Bills and Patriots game in Buffalo! GO PATS! I'll be back on Monday with a little weekend recap, and next week I hope to share a ton more design stuff... so don't give up on me yet! 


What do you have planned for this weekend? Whatever it is... I hope it's great! 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Happy Birthday!! you are soo young!!

    You will be pumped to go back to the books in Jan, after a short baby break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you taking time to enjoy that precious baby! You won't regret it... everyone says it, but it is true that the time just goes way too fast when they are that little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing what is right for you and your family is always the right choice.

    Your DIY artwork was also featured on Brooklyn Limestone this week :-)

    http://www.brooklynlimestone.com/2011/09/featured-personalized-diy-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proud of you, Kerry! Family first, then our school work. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig