Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Best Risk I Ever Took

Allow me to take a personal moment today. Have you ever had an opportunity arise, where you just knew you had to follow it or would regret it forever? Well, 4 years ago that exact thing happened to me. I had the opportunity, to jump on a plane and make my first ever trip to New York City... solo... to meet someone I had never met before. He was someone who already made me smile and laugh... and trust like I never thought I could again...


n855675343_5137761_7750
{December 2008}


Four years ago today, my life changed forever - for the best. I met my best friend and the man I will love for the rest of my life. I wouldn't change a single thing about these past four years. We've travelled, we've laughed, we've grown together and we've worked so hard to be where we are today.


19949_534681257391_8000618_31867921_8180517_n
{August 2009}


Our first year, long distance, wasn't easy - but it was so worth it to have him here every day with me now, and I appreciate every sacrifice he has made to make this happen. 


6093_632561131165_90403026_37876916_448038_n
{August 2009}

When I got on that plane four years ago, I never expected to find the love of my life. If you were to tell me then that within a year he would be moving to Canada, that seven months later we would sign on our first home, and just over two years after that we would welcome our tiny, precious daughter... I would think you were crazy...

315456_866403738705_90403026_42491765_4572799_n
{August 2011 - Photo by Bittersweet Photography}

Today I celebrate four years of loving the man who works hard to make our life together as beautiful as it is. The man who makes my DIY and renovation dreams come true. The man who loves and cares for me, and supports me in all of the decisions I make... and the best father I could ever ask for, for this precious little girl that I am so incredibly in love with. 

B, I am so lucky to have you in my life and I love you more every day. Thank you for always standing beside me. For loving me, and of course for putting me in my place when it's needed. Thank you for the wonderful four years we've spent together... I can't wait to see what this crazy thing called life has in store for us yet...
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. This is so sweet! It's crazy how things work out, isn't it?
    I met Kevin four years ago too...I don't remember the exact day, but it was the end of September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story! I admire your bravery and leap of faith. Sounds like it worked out perfectly for the two of you. :) Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet, sweet story! A story that will definitely be told for generations to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story - it definitely sounds like destiny xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ack, how stinking sweet! happy anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this story and that pic of you guys all snuggling in bed is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story Kerry! I actually want to hear more! Maybe I'll have to save it for out next get together. Have a great day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm, this is funny, because you must be describing me and my hubby! We met on August 1st 4 years ago. He came to visit family for 2 weeks. I went to visit him in Europe 2 months later. I came back 6 weeks after that and we were married on January 11th (less than 6 months after meeting each other). Within the year we bought a house and found out that we were expecting Baby C.
    And don't me started on the immigration process...
    all this to say, when it is right, it is RIGHT.

    Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so sweet. Best wishes for the many, many years to come~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet story! My husband and I started our relationship long-distance too (I was living in Boston, he was living in Halifax). After 3 months of dating I took a risk and decided to move back to Canada to be with him - five years later it's the best decision I ever made! Congratulations and wishes for many happy years ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kerry that is so beautiful and sweet... I literally have tears in my eyes. I'm happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so incredibly sweet, Kerry! It brought tears to my eyes. And that photo of the three of you is so beautiful. Where can we see more of this? It's such a stunning photo :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations you guys! You make a beautiful couple and obviously beautiful kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig