Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Wedding Invites

Choosing the style and look of our wedding invitations was one of the biggest and hardest decisions I made... seriously! I knew that these (along with the save the dates), would give our guests a first look at what to expect on our big day. I wanted them to perfectly reflect us and what we wanted from our Wedding, and I wanted them to be a little different, in both look and wording. I scoured Pinterest and blogs for weeks, and pinned all kinds of designs that varied in colours and style. Finally, I stumbled across these beautiful invites...


3349231360edf98bbeabeb4015c7c32c

I had finally found what I was looking for! It was the perfection inspiration to set me in motion. I took some aspects from other invites I had seen and my Mom and I worked together to create the perfect invite.

As I mentioned yesterday, I really loved the idea of creating a monogram for us that we could carry into other parts of our Wedding. So after I had picked two fonts I loved, that worked well together, my Mom designed a logo for us and then went ahead and we created the invites.

We placed our new monogram at the top, and then alternated our two fonts for the invite. I removed a couple of lines from the original wording, and we made a few small tweaks here and there. In the end I was thrilled with how they looked. I was literally so excited I sent photos to all of my bridesmaids immediately, and even showed it off to a couple of girlfriends who popped by to visit during a visit to my parents in the spring. (The photos below are of the mock up we created. The final invites had darker ink and we used the same linen textured paper as the Save the Dates.)

Vintage Inspired Wedding Invite

The final touch was the lacey edge we added to the top and bottom of the invite. I used a Martha Stewart punch that I grabbed at Michael's, and it was well worth the money spent! We've used the punch for a few different things, and I am sure I will find more ways to use it the closer we get to the big day.

Vintage Inspired Wedding Invite - Lace Detail and Monogram
{Looking at me totally giving away our full names. I never thought that the day would come!}

DIY Wedding Invites

Once I saw the wording, the design and the paper all come together I just fell head over heels. I knew we had created my perfect wedding invites and I couldn't stop staring at them and reading them over and over again. We even took the part about "An Evening of Merrymaking and Celebration" and incorporated it into the RSVP cards. 

What made me even happier is when we started to receive feedback from our guests after they received them. They seemed to love them just as much as I did! Some sent fun little notes on their cards, which made receiving them back even more fun (seriously, what's better than receiving all of those little envelopes in your mailbox?). 


Vintage Inspired Wedding Invite

How did you choose the style of your wedding invites? Did you design them yourself, or hire someone else to do the dirty work for you? 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Adorable!!!! You're right - they're perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding invitation looks amazing and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! And I love that you used the word "merrymaking" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these!!! You've nailed it with your stationary. I'm with you getting those RSVP's back in the mail was so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love these invites. They came together so nicely. I also love the use of the word "merrymaking"! Great job Ker

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that "is madly in love with" wording. so cute! and that hole punch, it looks like they cost an arm and a leg, all fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Friends designed our wedding invitations and they came up with an awesome monogram for us. We used it in other parts of the wedding, and I would love to turn it into a piece of art someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful! May I ask where you got the cardstock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolina! I'm so glad you like them. My mother works at a printing company, so she ordered it in for me from a supplier. I'm not actually sure who it was - if you went to a printing company, I am sure they could help you find something similar! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig