Monday, April 29, 2013

Ready for Change

Happy Monday friends. I know I've fallen off the map again, and all I can say right now is that we have been BUSY. There is some really exciting stuff going on, aside from wedding planning and it really has me itching for change. One of the things I am most ready to change up is Halle's room. She's growing and changing and I'm so ready to start planning a big girl room for her. 

The thing is, as ready as I am to change her room - there are certain things I'd like to still incorporate - like her dresser that I still love. With that in mind, I need to come up with a colour scheme and design that will work well with the teal and yellow that we used on the dresser. I started looking for inspiration and came across this collage on Pinterest, which got me feeling very excited about my design direction:


f7e8c41df27a004c6a95c05366d5541e

It's exactly what I imagine for Halle's space, with more teal and coral and only hints of yellow.

PicMonkey Collage


{from top left to bottom right: 1. via perfectly imperfect blog; 2. via Tonic Living; 3. via US! Check out the project here; 4. via honeybee vintage; 5. via Pinterest; 6. via Design Sponge; 7. via Tonic Living; 8. via Shades of Light; 9. via Words of Williams;}

1 - If it were possible, I would love to still keep Halle's walls neutral, and add interest by putting mouldings on the wall. The above example from Perfectly Imperfect blog is the best example of what I would love to do. I think it would look fantastic in any room, and would be pretty easy and inexpensive to do.

2 & 7 - Tonic Living has to be one of my favourite places to go for fabric, especially considering it's a Canadian company and their pricing is fantastic. I think these two fabrics are the perfect way to inject some bright and feminine coral into Halle's big girl room. Maybe as some new curtains, throw pillows, or even a new slip cover for the headboard on her "big girl bed" that we bought a few months ago.

3 - Of course, Halle's dresser isn't going anywhere! It's still a great piece that we love and it provides us with so much storage!

4 - This idea for wall art is adorable and it would be perfect to use different papers in our teal, yellow and coral scheme!

5 - Just another example of how our colours will work together.

6 - Cute accessories for Halle's room. I love these jars with animals on the lid.

8 - I'd like to find a really sweet and feminine light fixture for Halle's new room. She's really a girly girl and loves shoes and clothes and HATES getting dirty. I want her room to reflect her and be a pretty place for her to be. 

9 - I've always loved this quote and have been thinking of creating some artwork with this quote on it for a while I think pulling her big girl room together is the perfect time to bring it in. 

So, there you have it - the plans for Halle's big girl room are churning in my head. No pulling it together is underway yet... there will be some other changes happening before that.

What projects are you starting to work on or plan? Has spring got you inspired to start working outdoors, or are you freshening up your interior for the warmer months? Spill!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love those colors and all the inspiration!! Restoration Baby & Child has a lighting clearance sale going on right now, at good prices (which is shocking!) lol I'm finally making decisions on lighting for our home and buying so it feels good. Can't wait to see them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halle's room is going to be adorable! I love the coral mixed with the yellow and turquoise and I think your dresser will be perfect. I have the heart garland pinned too and I think it's a perfect way to tie all the colours you're working with together. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting! I love the colour palette and some of the inspiration pieces you picked out! It will look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful start!! I love the idea of teal and coral with a pop of yellow! Your daughter will definitely be living in style!

    Whitney
    The Decor Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove this colour palette, Kerry!! The coral looks so good with those colours, can't wait to see what you come up with. Lucky Halle :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig