Friday, September 21, 2012

Fancy Friday Love

It's Friday again, and I am SO excited about that for a number of reasons. I will share more on that with you after my fancy finds (I promise there are more than two this week...)

I spent 4 years living in Ottawa, and loved the area known as the Glebe. It was close enough to my school to go for a walk, and all of the trendy shops and beautiful homes always had me dreaming about living there one day. While that was not to be, I am happy enough to drool over this Glebe home tour, featured on desire to inspire last week...


glebetour2DSC_1904

A pretty little girl's space on Apartment Therapy last week. The muted colours and neutral walls make it sweet, and all of the little touches add the necessary playful element. Another space that is being tucked away as inspiration for Halle's big girl room...

Violets-Room-ATFamily-1

I adored this post, from Thistlewood Farm, for a number of reasons. This guest room is so comfy and inviting - something I would love to create in our own home one day. I also really love this idea for the Shutter wall. It's different, and the result is beautiful - don't you agree?

via Thistlewood Farm

A cozy spot to enjoy your breakfast on these cool fall mornings, care of a life's design. Part of me wishes we had been bold enough to paint our kitchen table a fun colour like this!

country living vía a life's design

I really loved getting another peek at Jen's basement reno, which is so close to finished. It is looking fabulous! Then she shared these cute little jars that she labelled and all I could think of was GENIUS!

via rambling renovators


Well, today my parents are flying into Vancouver to spend the next week with us! I can't wait to see them and show them around the city that they haven't visited in ages. I'm pretty sure my Dad said the last time they were here was before they were married. It will be great to get some time with them, and hopefully even a date night for me and B. I'm also excited to get to celebrate my birthday with them next week! So much fun to be had! Hope you all have a great weekend as well!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I live in the Glebe! My house is very similar to what the one you featured was like "BEFORE". I hope someone day our house is nice enough to part of the tour... probably wishful thinking though. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much loveliness!! That room really is so inviting. I'd stay there for sure :) And that orange table is so cute and unexpected! Hope you got that date night out over the weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig