Thursday, November 10, 2011

Living Room Inspiration

Yesterday I veered off the topic of our living room refresh to touch base on where we are with our bathroom reno. I must say, this sporadic posting pretty much sums up where my brain is at these days. Which of course means, I'm back on the topic of the living room today. (Try to stay  with me here...)


So now you've got a glimpse of our newly blue living space... and that will be all that you will see for a while. The space is not feeling very pulled together, so it needs some work before I can show you anymore. In the meantime, here's some inspiration that I am gathering for our space...


via pinterest
{via pinterest}

Love how this space looks! Our plan is to add a similar style gallery wall, which contains a lot of our family photos that are floating around the house. It will be in the small area at the bottom of the staircase. Now just to gather the right frames for our photos (and find a pretty lamp as well...)

via blue eyed yonder

Our fireplace could look this pretty if we paint it white again and get a nice mantel for it! I'm definitely not opposed to painting the brick... I just need to find the right colour first...

via amanda cromwell

I hope to find some pretty sconces to hang above the fireplace. I'd also like to throw some green into the room as an accent. And how great is that area rug?

via decor de provence
{via Decor de Provence}

This photo has me thinking that leaving the brick in it's original state, with a wood mantle, would also work. There is a lot to love about this room!

Just a glimpse of the direction I'm headed. I'm looking for a bit of a coastal feel, and of course very family friendly. I just know it will take a while to get it to where I want it to be, working on the non-existent budget that we currently have.

Leaving it short today - Halle girl and I are having a visit today with the lovely Shannon and her handsome little guy! Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm loving the feel of this and your new blue walls are so fresh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the last one, the mix of the natural wood and the brick -- gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely onthe right path! Love some of your inspiration shots, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your inspirations - It'll be hard to go wrong with all of your style!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig