Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Preparations Begin

I may not be able to start decorating our home until after American Thanksgiving... but since this is my little blog space, I'd like to start daydreaming about this year's Christmas decor and projects (if Halle allows me to get around to them. Here's some of the inspiration that I have been collecting for the coming holiday season...


via the glitter guide

Sparkle spray painted sticks and twigs! Pretty, easy and inexpensive - just how I like my DIY projects! The best part is, this could be classified as "winter decor"... so I may even be able to squeeze them in before American Thanksgiving!

via pinterest

Kitchen's very rarely get the holiday love that they deserve... unless you count holiday cooking and baking love. BUT, I love these ornament magnets from YHL, and think it's a great way to bring a more festive feeling to the one place that people gather the most over the holidays!

via martha stewart

I am forever searching for the best way to display all of the beautiful Christmas cards that are sent our way during the holiday season. This one is by far, my favourite. I think it would be perfect on our console table in our front entrance. Maybe I should start collecting twigs now?

via pinterest

I ador everything about this sweet mantel... especially that adorable garland. I would love to bring some elements of this space into our home for the holidays this year. You'll just have to wait and see what I come up with! 

Am I too early to start thinking about holiday decor and gift giving? Is anyone else a crazy Christmas person? Is anyone lucky enough to have started pulling together their holiday decor already?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'm super excited about holiday decorating this year too! Love the mantel and the card tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have this debate every year because I always want Christmas decorations in November and he thinks we should wait until mid-December. I love your inspiration ideas - I think I'll steal a few of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo excited for the holidays and decorating - those sparkly branches are super! Thanks for the inspiration round up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mantle is so pretty! I know Americans use Thanksgiving as a gauge as to when to decorate for Christmas, but for us Canucks I think mid-November is good because most people take it all down in the New Year so you want some time to enjoy your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that martha stewart pic...in the past I haven't been super early but this year might be earlier than normal...I'm really feeling it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already into the holiday spirit as well. I've bought quite a few gifts, starting to make plans on hosting my family at our house, and today, I have my first peppermint mocha from Starbucks - in the red cups!! I LOVE that display of the Christmas cards on the tree branches. That's perfect!! I might have to steal that idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig