Thursday, July 11, 2013

Laundry Room Dreaming

We are in NO position to be starting a Laundry Room renovation, but let me tell you right now - I've been dreaming of it. I've mentally started decorating this space that we inherited as a blank slate...


IMG_1395

Since the day we got our keys, the only thing we've done is acquired ourselves an LG Washer & Dryer pair... and of course filled the room with all kinds of stuff. It's not a pretty space, and it doesn't have any storage but for the moment it is functional (as in we have clean clothes and linens). In the future, I want a really pretty space that makes doing laundry easier and (dare I say it) more enjoyable. So, why not start dreaming up my plans now? It will make the whole process a lot easier when the time is finally right.

PicMonkey Collage


1} Olinda 1 Light Bronze Pendant - The ceilings in this space are a pretty decent height, making it an ideal space to go from flush mount to pendant. I wouldn't hang it too low, and I like that this pendant visually would not take up a lot of space. 

2} Wall Mounted Drying Rack - The room itself is rather small. At the moment I find it hard to be in there with the washer and dryer, a laundry basket (or two), a fold up drying rack, an ironing board, a hamper AND usually a small child trying to help. Seriously - that's A LOT of stuff. It would be nice to clear up some of the floor clutter by adding a wall mounted drying rack to the room. I'm positive we could DIY something similar to the one pictured!

3} White Floor Tile - The vinyl flooring has GOT to go and I always have been, and always will be a sucker for a clean, white tile floor. Yes, I could go with a simple square floor tile but I think this white on white mosaic would be perfect in a laundry room. You still get the pattern but it's not as in your face without the contrast.

4} Overhead Cabinets & a Folding Counter - We need some storage in there - BADLY! An easily solution would be to add some wall mounted cabinets framing the window. I'm thinking two doors to the the left of the window, an open shelf above and some open cubbies to the right. A folding counter over the washer and dryer is a must, plus it adds extra counter space to keep the always necessary items close by like detergent and fabric softener. 

5} Benjamin Moore Paint - Colour scheme? I'm really digging the navy and white. Our washer and dryer are a dark grey, so I think painting the walls white (Benjamin Moore's "Frostline"), with the overhead cabinets in Navy (Benjamin Moore's "New York State of Mind") would be perfection. As for the counter top - white or a light grey. I'm still undecided... so I guess it's a good thing we're not in a position to start redecorating, huh?

What room is on your renovate or redecorate wish list? Are you day dreaming and creating mood boards for a space you are dying to tackle? 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. How ingenious is that to have a wall mounted drying rack?! I think I am going to get one. Your laundry room is going to look super fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun ideas!! I'm looking forward to tackling our laundry room too! We're in need of overhead storage and a folding table above our washer & dryer set, STAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember the laundry room reno from your old house. since 1/2 our house is under renos I'm looking forward to A LOT of new spaces, but our laundry/craft room is TOP on my 'can't wait' list. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we renovated, we added a laundry closet to the top floor where the bedrooms are. As much as I love having laundry on the top floor, I really miss having the space of a laundry room and all the decorating possibilities

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig