Monday, July 22, 2013

Halle's Bubble & Balloon Party

Yesterday was a gorgeous Sunday here, made even better by the little backyard party we threw in honour of Halle's 2nd Birthday (which is tomorrow). The theme was bubble's and balloons and I'd say it was a big success... here are the details...


July 21, 2013



July 21, 2013

July 21, 2013July 21, 2013

I made these Lemon Honey Cupcakes, and some chocolate cupcakes with Chocolate Nutella icing. They were both a hit. 

July 21, 2013

July 21, 2013July 21, 2013

There was even a birthday cake (also baked by me... I'm feeling pretty proud). I went with a plain vanilla cake and a whipped cream icing. A nice change from the super sweet cupcakes!

I added some other treats to the table for everyone as well...

July 21, 2013

July 21, 2013

These grape and watermelon skewers were a HUGE hit, especially with the kids! They were all gone well before the party was over.

July 21, 2013

What's a bubble and balloon party without Popcorn? I bought the little popcorn containers at HomeSense - 12 for $3.99, and glued the purple "bubbles" over top and then painted them. Popcorn - also a huge hit with the kids!

July 21, 2013July 21, 2013

Jelly Beans and some fun purple polka dot paper straws. Straws - also great with a large group of small children! Even the boys were okay with pink cups when they came with straws!

July 21, 2013

July 21, 2013

This drawing station had the kids going nuts. They all ran for it as soon as I brought out the markers, pencil crayons and crayons. Of course, Halle ended up with more marker on herself than on the actual paper. At least a great time was had by all!

July 21, 2013

Halle enjoyed the "Happy Birthday" singing. Afterwards she even asked for more!

July 21, 2013July 21, 2013

There were LOTS of bubbles to be had, including a fish bubble gun that B bought for her, and a bubble mower that our friends gifted her. Her and all of her little guests were loving them!

To round out this post, I just HAVE to share the fantastic birthday gift that B built for Halle. 

July 21, 2013

July 21, 2013

There will be another post coming soon with more about the plans that B used to built this fantastic swing. 

So that was our weekend. It was busy, I forgot to make punch, didn't put out the sweet tea I made and was late putting out the quinoa and potato salad I made, but it looked like everyone had a really awesome time yesterday. We are so lucky to have made so many awesome friends out here, and yesterday was also a fantastic opportunity to meet so many of our new neighbours! Really - AWESOME!

I hope you all had a great weekend too! What did you get up to?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Looks like it was an awesome party! The drawing station is such a great idea. And that swing??? my goodness...it's AMAZING! (I also think we have that same bubble gun. Does yours have music that starts driving you mental??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly & as soon as I saw the drawing station idea on Pinterest, I knew it was a good idea for the kids! As for the bubble gun... YES! ABSOLUTELY MENTAL hahahaha

      Delete
  2. Halle's birthday party looks amazing. Love the colour scheme. I think I might just steal that grape + watermelon ball skewer idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party! B has talent - what a fabulous swing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her party looked so sweet! Happy birthday to your baby girl!! The airplane swing is darling!!! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I'm in the midst of trying to plan a party for Hannah's first birthday and I don't know how parents find time for all the little details - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I love the bubble theme. and what a rockin' swing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet party! You're always so thoughtful with the details. I can't believe Halle is two!!! And that is the most awesome airplane swing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the theme you chose! So sweet and perfect for the celebration of such a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute party. I like the colourful theme and sweet food here. I think the added wholesale balloons have made the party look more fun and lively.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig