Tuesday, July 24, 2012

12 Months of Halle

I'm a day late posting Halle's one year photo, but we spent all day yesterday playing (inside because of the rain), cuddling and then going out to dinner, shopping at Toys R' Us and getting her, her very first personal cone of chocolate gelato. I think that baby girl had a good first birthday. Anyway... One year - it's gone by so quickly. More quickly than I ever imagined...


August 23, 2011 - One Month OldTwo Months3 Months


Four MonthsDecember 23, 2011Six Months - January 23, 2012

February 23, 20128 Months - March 21, 20129 Months - April 23, 2012

10 Months Halle - 11 Months

And now, here she is...

July 23, 2012

Does this seem like a funny choice for her one year photo? I don't know, I just thought it really accurately captured what's happening these days. I had a tough time getting a photo of her, and then realized that's okay. We have plenty of other photos of her during this stage, and these monthly photos I intended for photos of her development. I mean, her face hasn't changed all that much in the past month or two... but her ability to motor around on her own sure had blossomed. Here's what she is up too...

- Clearly, she is walking. She motors around here pretty good, walking halfway across a room before she'll go to her bum or her hands and knees. Her confidence is growing and I know it won't be long now before she prefers walking over crawling.
- She has four teeth, and it looks pretty cute! The gummy smiles were cute... but I'm enjoying these teeth smiles just as much! 
- Her hair is incredibly long now! Yesterday I even managed to get her hair into two tiny pigtails (if you follow me on Instagram at firsttimefancyblog, you may have seen them!)
- As far as food goes, the days are hit and miss. Somedays she will want to try whatever we have, other days not so much. We're still not getting too many veggies into her, but she loves her fruit, grains, meat and dairy - so the majority of the major food groups are getting into her every day. 
- She is very vocal. Blabbering a lot, and I'm pretty sure we're getting "dat!" and pointing... asking us what "that" is. So we do our best to tell her what everything is that she looks at and points at, and sometimes we are rewarded with her attempt at repeating us.

What an incredible (and sometimes trying) year it has been! I know that this next year will bring even more challenges in taking her photo, but she is such an inquisitive little girl, that I am okay with that. I can't wait to explore more and see the world through her eyes!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. How cute!! I can't believe she is a year! My son turns one in a couple weeks and I can't believe how fast the days go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the perfect photo - she seems to get more active in each monthly photo, so the fact that she's a running blur is too perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...Halle is super adorable! It's so magical to see her growing up through the pictures you took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely way to capture her first year of life - and I'm sure she'll love looking back on them in years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally, love that you used the blurry walking photo. I love that it captures where she's really at right now. I've realized I'm going to start to have to do that with Alice to cause man, she just doesn't sit still!! You're going to love having these photos to look back on :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig