Monday, March 12, 2012

Light That Fire

What an exhausting weekend! I hope all of you had a good one and are feeling more rested than we all are. Friday night, it was officially decided that this little ol' house will go up for rent (anyone looking to rent a place in the west end of Toronto?). Of course, there is nothing like a tight timeline to get our butts in gear, and that's exactly what happened this past weekend.


Saturday morning, things started off right after breakfast, with B and my Dad tackling the bathroom. Our new storage cabinet (that my father built) was installed next to the tub, some caulking was completed around the tub and the door trim was finished. 


March 12, 2012


March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012

Just a few minor things left - paint touch up, shelves to go into our cabinet, centre the mirror, fill the holes in the vanity drawers and then finishing touches - like a towel bar, toilet roll holder and shower rod and curtain. We're SO CLOSE! FINALLY!

There were some other projects finished on Saturday as well, like trim in our bedroom, and some work in the kitchen that was never completed. I'll have to share other projects this week as we go. So much is happening, and that is the #1 reason B is so tired. I just keep reminding him... in about a month (yes people, a month!) we should be in our new place, enjoying a renovation free lifestyle for a while. We're feeling pretty excited, seeing as I have finally started to really get down to sorting and packing. There are a ton of boxes residing in our living room at the moment, and I have a few items up on the Facebook page as part of the "Blogarage Sale". I hope to get more up between today and tomorrow as I continue to tackle packing.


What did you get up to this past weekend?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Love the washroom!
    So clean and fresh.
    And done yourselves - wow.
    How are you going to put up the shower curtain rod? Attach to celing?

    Will email you on medicine cabinet in blograrage sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bathroom is looking great! I can't believe your moving timeline is so tight... Just stay focused on the packing and it'll be done before you know it. Did you find a rental out west?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think renting your place out is a good decision. Especially in this city, you'll be able to get top dollar for it, so it will essentially pay for itself. Also, I hold on to that as a sign that you'll be coming back eventually! Whether that's an accurate sign or not. When I read your announcement last week, it was kind of bittersweet since I guess it means you won't be at the next blogger meetup... but I'm so excited for you and your little family and the adventure you get to go on together!

    I will keep an eye out for any potential renters for you, though I'm pretty sure you'll have NO problem getting that place filled, especially with SUCH a gorgeous bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. it's really coming together now. :) I didn't realize you only had a month before moving!

    My twin brother lives in Vancouver and loves all of the camping and dirt-biking in the mountains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is looking so good, and i am seriously jealous or your bathroom storage! we have none-thank goodness we had the space to install standing units, otherwise there'd be nothing for towels, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that storage! An incredible bathroom. It is looking really good! Good luck with the packing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress Kerry! Nothing like working under deadline... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bathroom is looking awesome! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize you were moving so soon!! I have a friend Kerry (same spelling as you) who lives in Vancouver and is moving to Ontario this year - looks like you're switching provinces :)

    If you don't have to sell, try to hold onto your house buy renting it out. If your parents aren't too far away, they could be the caretakers for you. Your dad is super handy so maybe he could take care of maintenance issues for your renters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I needed to rent a house!! Love your style, hon - you'll have no trouble finding a quality renter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig