Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nursery Progress - Coming Together

We're so anxious for baby to arrive! So anxious in fact, that we couldn't wait another 10 weeks to see our little girl. Yesterday afternoon, B called a place close by our home and booked us in for another 3D Ultrasound at 6:30pm. We got a basic package that didn't include any photos to take home, but boy was it fantastic to get another look. She's grown so much in the past 8 weeks, and we could actually tell that this little girl has her Mommy's nose.

So with all this anxiousness, we're getting a move on with the nursery! Two days ago I shared the final reveal of the dresser that B and I transformed for our little girls nursery. As soon as it was finished B got to work cleaning the carpet and getting it ready to move in all of the important pieces. With it all cleaned up and cleared out, it was a giant blank slate...


Nursery Progress

Nursery Progress

Nursery Progress

Nursery Progress

Yup... lots of layers and colour need to be added to this space, and this past Friday was just the day to start. I took the day to stay home and clean, organize and just generally accomplish some things around the house that needed to be done. I also took some time to run out to do some errands, which included a very successful trip to HomeSense, where I found a gorgeous area rug for the nursery, as well as a pretty little cushion that will find a place on the chair I have finally found. I'll have to share the chair in it's own post later on.

When B arrived home from work on Friday, we got to work right away adding the next most important component... peanut's crib...
Nursery Progress

Nursery Progress

Nursery Progress

White crib in a white room? I know, I couldn't help it. It's exactly what I wanted. Neutral and clean lines. Nothing too fancy. I wanted to bring all of the colour and beauty into the room using other accessories and layers.

The most important piece that I knew I wanted was a beautiful area rug. Something to cover up some of that plain ol' berber carpet, and something that would be soft for us to enjoy tummy time on with the babe. The hunt was long and hard and I had found all kinds of different colours, shapes, sizes and patterns that I liked but there was always something holding me back from making the purchase. Finally, while out at HomeSense, I found the perfect one. I snapped a photo on my phone, emailed it to B and then called him. We talked it out and he agreed I could take it home. If we really didn't like it in the space, we could always bring it back. At just over 5 feet by almost 8 feet, we knew it would be a great size and it was only $199.99 (and I still had a gift card to use towards it!). Once we got it in place, we knew we both loved it.

Nursery Progress

Nursery Progress

It's hand tufted wool, and it matches the yellow rose knobs on the dresser perfectly. We are slightly limited in the placement because of how the door swings into the room, but I may try to play with that a little. 

Next steps, the curtains need to be picked up from my wonderful Mama, and we need to get the nursery chair (which has it's own back story). I also have plans for a DIY mobile that I hope to tackle in the next few days or possibly over the weekend, and I'm on the hunt for the perfect fabric for a DIY crib skirt as well.

I must say, with the crib together and our beautiful rug in place, it's really starting to feel like a nursery. I stop to admire the room every time I pass it (which is quite frequently)... and I've even caught B doing the same.

So what's the consensus on our new plush rug? It's so soft under foot, and I love how well it goes with the knobs on our beautiful little dresser.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Kerry, I just LOVE it- that dresser is AMAZING and I think the rug is the perfect cuddly addition to the floor- I'm so excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it!! It looks so soft and squishy! I think the little peanut will love it :) So fun to see your nursery coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looks cozy to me! The cabinet color is my favorite! Really love it!

    http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, how exciting!!! The room looks so good so far, loving that dresser and like how the rug looks in the space with the crib.

    I know what you mean about walking by the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It kinda looks like brown grass? I kinda want to run my hands over it or have tummy time myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Kerry... It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving everything, it's going to be show stopper for sure:) 3d ultrasounds are so much fun, glad you got see lil miss:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I love it! The room has wonderful architectural features, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig