Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dream Home - French Riviera Villa

My Dream Home posts seem to be rather sporadic recently... I'm trying to work on it. This past weekend B and I took a few days to get out of the city for a bit. It was by no means a "romantic escape", and not the most ideal place to visit... but we'd never been and thought it would be nice to get away for a bit (plus it was really a baseball game that sold us on going). Since we're just returning today, thought I'd share with you somewhere we would have rather been.

Last week I stumbled across this great site, Unique Living that caters specifically to homes in certain areas of France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus and The Balearics. I decided to check out what was available in France, and loved this 5 bedroom villa located in Beaulieu Sur Mer in the French Riviera. There weren't a ton of pictures, but it was enough to convince me it would be a great place to escape to. Listed at  €19,000,000, it's definitely a dream home, but isn't that what this fun series is all about?

The first image I saw of this villa was the exterior - looks like the perfect place to be lounging on a glorious sunny day....

exterior1

What a fantastic yard! I don't think I would ever be indoors if our yard looked like this. Of course, there is also some great space for outdoor entertaining...

exterior2

The space and those views are just to die for!

If you're not up for entertaining outdoors, the indoor dining space is not only beautiful, but also offers from great views as well...

dining1

I'm a huge fan of all of the lighting in this home. The ones over the dining table are beautiful, but check out those pieces hanging over the stairs! Aren't they stunning?

The kitchen looks large and updated, and offers a ton of natural light. Not a bad place to prepare a meal whether you plan on dining indoors or out...

kitchen1

kitchen2

The living area is bright and open, and looks like the perfect place to kick back and relax after a long day of lounging in the sun.

living1

living3

Seems that you just cannot escape those views... but who would complain?

I only wish our past weekend getaway could have been as luxurious as this! Nope, instead we decided on a driving destination based on where B's favorite MLB team was playing - those are the only hints you're getting until I give you a little recap of our weekend escape.

Did you get away to anywhere exciting this past weekend (Canadians) or have plans to get away this coming weekend (for my American friends)? Or maybe you're just sticking it close to home dreaming of an escape? If you could escape to anywhere now... where would you choose?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow what a beautiful modern and simplistic home, Kerry! I love those floors. And of course those views are pretty spectacular too :) Hope you are feeling amazing girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It is a lot more modern on the inside then I was expecting, which is what I love about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig