Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

The house still smells like turkey. Turkey soup made from Sunday night's leftovers to be exact. What an incredibly fantastic weekend it was, and it was exactly what I needed to make me get back to my old self again. Surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family, we enjoyed doing so many fantastic things.


On Friday night after work, B and I met up with his parents and their friends who arrived from Massachusetts that afternoon, after spending a couple days in the Niagara region. We went out to dinner and spent Friday night just sitting around together chatting and catching up. Saturday morning we had breakfast at our house with B's parents, before picking up their friends from a nearby hotel (unfortunately we don't have that much room for guests at our house). From there we headed to the Distillery District for lunch and some strolling...




Lunch was at the Mill Street Brew Pub, and B and I each had to get a taster tray. I recommend the 4 Seasons tray. Delicious!


Followed by... more strolling....


Lots more pictures, and a great day... followed by a wonderful evening at home. Dinner with friends, and an extremely enjoyable game of Cranium. What's better than a Saturday night filled with family, friends and laughter? Not much in my book! 

Sunday was the big dinner... and I had some help with the table top! B, his Mom and his God-mother all pitched in, and here is what we came up with...


Since the dining table and most of our dishes and flatware are black and white, I went with a neutral table cloth and then we injected colour using gourds, as well as some Mums and leaves that B and his Mom grabbed from the backyard.


When it was all said and done though, the most important part was not really what was on the table, but rather, those who were sitting around it...


Monday was a lot more laid back. After we all got a chance to sleep in, and eat a late breakfast we got ready and B's parents friends came over around 1. We dug into left overs for lunch, and then headed out for a walk by the lake, just down the street from our house...



Of course, there were a ton of gorgeous fall colours to take in...


It really was a gorgeous weekend here, and I hope that it was for you as well! Whether you were celebrating Thanksgiving or not, I sure hope you felt as blessed and loved as I did all weekend long! I know that this feeling will carry me through this coming work week.

How was your autumn weekend?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Awww, looks like you had such a good time! And I love the Distillery District! Especially the Mill Street Pub...Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take a 4 seasons tray please! I am most def a beer girl. Those look yummy...even though it's only 10:00 am over here. Haha! Love the foliage in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like it was such a perfect weekend~ the table spread is so pretty! and love all the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda @ Tall Glass of Water - It's always 5 o'clock somewhere!

    My thanksgiving was lacking the traditional food fare since we had to head back to Michigan early, but being with friends & family is what it's all about anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the looks of it you had a pretty darn good long weekend! I was so happy that it was decent weather...

    Your table looked great Kerry! Gotta love a last minute leaf grab to spruce things up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig